• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the stink of life

2 more spots on left lung
    one 5mm and one 4.5mm
    both on the lower lobe..
    add this to the one they found 11 months ago on the middle lobe at 5.5mm

remember boys and girls I don't smoke and NEVER HAVE..
    grand ma. smoked from the age 14 y/o and died at 98 with almost spotless lungs..

see avatar for ,thinking of today
    Last edited by Stich496; September 21, 2011, 02:36 PM.

Sorry to hear mark. Have you gotten a second opinion?
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

ya two different 64 slice scans, right know it's a wait and see.. but, that only last so long..
      oh well. deal with the card we're dealt..
      I know one thing.. 2012 is gonna be a no hold barred, if I wqnt to do it. I'm doing it.. not I'll go next year..like I end up say'n /doing most times..
      life hands you lemons,get BFH and make lemonaid

Comment

Mark, you know we're all pulling for you. Praying types get to praying for Mark - can't hurt. Given my belief system, I'm sending all my positive energy your way. Maybe the same thing.

Weird with cancer. My Mom never smoked a day in her life and had breast cancer (43 years survivor) and finally died of multiple abdominal cancers - at almost 91. Just no figuring it out. I think she might have gotten the breast cancer from Dad's second hand smoke but that doesn't explain her second round - Dad had been dead for decades. I guess it's just a crappy bit of luck.

I agree - live like there's no tomorrow. Like we all should. As far as anyone knows we don't get a second bite at this apple. One of the blessings of almost dying is that I live as I want to and no apologies. I do, however, try not to commit to stuff I can't or don't want to do.

Like I said, we're here for you. And get your butt to Maxton (or Wilmington next year).

Dan

Comment

I'm sure you are fine

Comment

i hope it all works out for you. so if you didnt smoke, whats it from, or is it just one of those things?

Comment

The thread title tells us how you are feeling... but if you try to focus on the positive things in your life, you and your family will get through this a lot better, regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1931s/x View Post
                i hope it all works out for you. so if you didnt smoke, whats it from, or is it just one of those things?
                it can be genetic/hereditary. Doesn't have to be a smoker, my grandpa had the same thing. A close friend of mine also has what sounds like the same thing, they're removing something they found in his liver...

life is what you make of it, we all have negative/crappy things going on (myself included this year) but instead of being mad about it, I decided to go do what I like. Lots of it. This saturday will be the first weekend I am NOT tuning something in 17 weeks. Keeps my mind off of crap personal stuff. Maybe that'll work for you?

Something I'd suggest is to find either someone who races at maxton, or local drag racer, and team up with them. Be responsible for something on a car, then enjoy it when it accomplishes a goal. This plan works great for me, I think more people should try it (can't afford time or money to build something of my own so that's how I keep things in balance). Just a thought.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  I'm sure you are fine
                  I agree with that.

When weakened, as I and many others have battles with health..

looking to an almost supernatural event of human strength makes a goal, inspiration.

I was just reading of a sgt guiterrez who got the air force cross.

shot and a collapsed lung, not only kept shooting, called in for fire so close the a10 guns blew his eardrums.
                  that is enough air vacuum release to kill an engine running.

still alive today as an instructor.

a 5mm spot is much smaller than life..
                  good luck with the health.

I said more than once about smoking...
                  the carcinogen and not the high may be a focus of some habits. it is an acid.

welders, mechanics etc.. I find alot more smokers in that realm, not exactly dying.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 21, 2011, 07:57 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

ain't over until it's over, Mark.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Stay positive man, and live. I have some issues of my own right now.I will know today the level of severity, i have a feeling it wont be good...but life goes on till it dont no more...make the best of a bad situation man.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Somethin' funky in the drinking water in Brockton?
                        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

prayers from pittsburg kansas!!! hope they can treat it, keep kicking Mark!!!!!
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

the tap water up there , I described it as ..............CHEWY

Comment

Fight to the end. Only way to do it. You never know what kind of treatments are coming soon
                              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X