Please help bring a historic aircraft to the NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help bring a historic aircraft to the NW

This is aimed more at my friends in Washington state!

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would be interested in seeing a B-29 up here next summer? If you are, could you take the moment to like this facebook page? This is a real deal and it's going to happen with enough support!

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

done
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Many years ago there was a documentary on a B29 called the "Kiwi". It landed in Greenland just after WWII when it ran out of gas and was abandoned. Present day a crew went back to bring it home. They worked on it over the course of 2 years fixing it. As they were taxiing, a generator that they had fastened down inside came loose, fell and set the plane on fire. It was completely destroyed and sank into the lake the next year when the ice thawed on the lake It was like being sucker punched seeing the end.

If I had FB, I'd sign it. Good luck.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
        Many years ago there was a documentary on a B29 called the "Kiwi". It landed in Greenland just after WWII when it ran out of gas and was abandoned. Present day a crew went back to bring it home. They worked on it over the course of 2 years fixing it. As they were taxiing, a generator that they had fastened down inside came loose, fell and set the plane on fire. It was completely destroyed and sank into the lake the next year when the ice thawed on the lake It was like being sucker punched seeing the end.

If I had FB, I'd sign it. Good luck.
        Yes, that was the Kee-Bird http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kee_Bird
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I keep hoping some Paul Allen type rescues Doc and finishes her up. I helped babysit her when she was still in Inyokern/China Lake.

Comment

FIFI was in KC this summer. She flew overhead and the sound was like no other. It's kinda $ to fly on her . My nephew and I flew on the B17 Liberty Bell 2 weeks before she caught fire and was destroyed. The WW2 bombers are a treat to see flying. I just wish they would fly the Enola Gay around the country one more time.
            used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X