Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Enablers and Bench Racers Should I buy this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Enablers and Bench Racers Should I buy this?

Bought a 1978 Mercury Zephyr Station Wagon, straight six 3.3, one barrel carb. I think it has 75,000 original miles, new/good paint job. I can't get it to run, Holds compression and oil is clean...may have jumped time. This thing has so many vacuum hoses that I have given up. New Muffler,air filter,breather filter,starter solonoid and plugs rotor and cap. Anybody interested in this dark horse....give me a call..

I showed the picture to my wife, she said it was ugly. Then she asked me what are you going to do with that? My responce, Drive it! Hers, I was afraid you would say that....

The Capri will take to much effort to be pretty it has dents in every panel, The only reason I got it was to be able to run in classic because there was a easy record well its gone, ECTA is moving to OH. I as cool as the 4 eyed capri is if I had to pick between the two for a street car I would build my 89 LX. I am thinking pull the motor and tranny out of the Capri and put it in the wagon. It could be just as fun to drive as a mustang and more useful.

Or, I have been thinking about trying out competitive shooting.... What do you think?
    Attached Files
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

are you posting this from your phone while you are driving over to get it?
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Im biased towards Wagons! is it home yet?
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I don't know, would running a quarter faster then a Z06 with your whole family and a weeks worth of luggage aboard be cool? Would a family truxter on drag lites and ET streets be cool? Would crushing the dreams and hopes of spikey haired new camaro/mustang owners with their grandma's car be cool? I guess that's what you'd have to decide

Also, didn't the four and the 8 have the same or similar k-member but the six had it's own?
        Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Mustang stuff bolts right in. I don't even like fords and I would build that as a sleeper wagon. 8.8 out of a later mustang, ls1 with a 150 shot and still have room in the back for the kids.
          Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I've always liked those wagons, but your wife didn't say "no" and we all know - that's permission.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think you are right about the K-member, I am sure I can find a replacement, just add it to the list. How do I convence my wife its cool? She thinks everything already a POS buy the time its 10 years old. She does like the late 60's stuff but the weather has to be just right, the world may end if she sweats.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I've always liked those wagons, but your wife didn't say "no" and we all know - that's permission.
                Now that you mention that I am trying to remember if I had my selective hearing turned on during that conversation...

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

mission creep ..the ever changing focus

Comment

Working...
                  X