Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChumpCar racing, why haven't I heard of this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChumpCar racing, why haven't I heard of this before?

Looking up a possible test and tune night at the California Speedway to base my next CA trip on (sadly didn't find one) but saw this on the itinerary,

ABOUT CHUMPCAR
    Welcome to ChumpCar – North America’s home for $500 race cars and 24 hour endurance road racing. This series is for gear-heads; for people who love driving and driving fast. It’s for grassroots race teams and almost-race-ready cars. ChumpCar is a throw-back to the era when racing was fun and cheap… when Bondo beat carbon-fiber; when a crescent wrench was the most valuable tool in your box; when home-made engineering made everyone sit up and take notice; and when adding a little theme to your car didn’t get you laughed out of the pit. Those were good times… and they’re back.

So, do you think you’ve got what it takes, chump? CLICK HERE to join.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 22, 2011, 08:48 AM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

24 hours of lemons for circle track?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Appears to be a road coarse inside the track oval.

Comment

Funny, on the list of close parts stores, they miss the closest one, an AutoZone down the street.
        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 22, 2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

looks like fun!!!
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I went and watched part of one at VIR alot of the same guys that run lemons race chump. I think the big diffrence is you don't need a theme andthey don't crush someones car halfway into the race.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

yea theres a road coarse there at california speedway, some douche even decided to off himself there driving a porsche carrea gt a few years back there on the road coarse - too much car - too little talent - chumpcar is just another version of the 24 hours of lemons, doesnt DF still have a lemons car ?
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
              X