get to see my insides today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get to see my insides today

Been having some issues...will spare the details. But the doc felt it was bad enough to warrant a scope...right now. So today at noon i go in to find out WTF. Who knows what it is, all of the symptoms point to two things but lean heavily towards the worst, but the doc wont say it....so we will have a better idea today of whats going on up in there. I am not to worried about it, and i am trying to find the humor in it all...i know marks got some issues too, maybe someone needs to sacrifice some blood and a motor to the hot rod gods in our name...might help move things along for us lol!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Good luck, hope it goes well.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 22, 2011, 09:23 AM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I sure hope it's nothing too serious Joe....hang in there!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Joe, I've literally been there with the worse news. Any questions or anything let me know - okay? and trust me, it's far better to not be there for the procedure (figuratively speaking).
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Ha! It IS a PITA, quite literaly...this stuff they make you drink...holy cow...i think i may have dropped a lung last night.

at the minimum it is fissures, next is colitis, than the C bomb... I mention it here cuz if i dont I will dwell on it ans then start to stress...then it is hard to laugh at.

SBG, thanks man...i may just take you up on that...

i think the worst part is i have not had any food since Tuesday night at about 8...i am starving...some of you know how much i like my food...this here is torture!
          Last edited by JOES66FURY; September 22, 2011, 09:53 AM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Good luck Joe - I was knocked out when they did mine and the crap they made you drink was the worst part (day before) but I caught up on my reading that day.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

They are going to dope me up when i get there...looking forward to a disassociation from realit for a bit..

that liquid i had to drink this time was far worse than the first one 6 years ago. He first time it was about 16 ozNs of awful...this was 2 liters of disgusting awful....good times lol

Comment

Good Luck Joe, hope everything will be ok.....

Comment

Joe we're all thinking about ya. Sure hope the news is on the okay side of the spectrum.

Since you said you're trying to maintain your humor about it (and that's the greatest thing - good for you), here's a story about a procedure that came out okay. But the procedure itself (or at least the lead-up to it) sounds like it was no walk on the beach:

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

As Peewee mentioned, the prep is the worst part and that's over. That is, the worst part of the procedure. Now as far as what they'll find - here's hoping for the best possible news. Either way, it's best to know what reality is even if reality sucks. Then you can do what's needed and move on with a good and content life (positive thinking here).

Dan

Comment

good luck man. i have a younger half sister. shes 21. yer and her mother are pretty interesting people. different. so she comes over one day i ask how her mom is, she says ahh shes ok, she had surgery today. im thinking wtf? and your here? i said well is she ok? "yeah, her ass might have cancer". i thought that was a good one. so were just there talking and a few other good ones come up. she told ehr mom that when she went for a throat scope a few months earlier, they probably used the same tool!!! then she says they were bike shopping earlier in the day, what? who goes bike shopping after that? she laughes and says yeah my mom was pissed she found a bike she liked and rode it around the store, but some girl liked the bike and it was the last one, so she let the girl have it and they ordered her another one. i tell her you guys are shot, she laughs and says yeah gram kept yelling at her that she shouldnt be riding a bike. she tells me "thats how we roll". she wa smor ebothered by everyone tryign to talk about it and feel bad for her, she just wanted to forget it at least until she got more info.

Comment

Good news, nothing life threatening...and nothing some minor surgery wont fix...no cancer, no colitis!! Thanks for all the love and well wishes guys....

Comment

Glad to hear you are OK man!
                          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Joe, good deal all the way around.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good deal, Joe. Get that repair done and get back on the road. And let this be a lesson to you - if they can make something out of your 'ol butt then you can make something outta that ol' Plymouth!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X