any old racers remember OCIR .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldschoolcamaro View Post
    i spent all of my free time @ ocir while stationed over next door at mcas el toro , i used to drive my bbc powered 68 camaro from the auto hobby shop on base to the track with open headers and slicks and the mp's weren't not always happy with me . I remember hanging out with fast eddie ,john youngblood just to name couple and quite a few others . I wish they never closed the track down as it was state of the art facility for it's time and the tower was awesome to watch the races from

here's some pics i found and these are from around 1981-83 time frame

love that gold 67 camaro!!!!!!!
    STUGOTS

Comment

OCIR was a blast. Late 70's-early 80's we'd rent the track during the week for $35 a car to tune our street race cars. We had full run of the clocks/tower/starting line. Here's a few pics. One is me towing to OCIR for one of those tune sessions, one is me running down a slower car at Super Chevy(?), and the rest at the track to tune on a week day. On the day of the "tow" shot, some jerkoff cut me off with his van, my buddy Eddie, saw it from his car and tossed a chocolate shake on the assholes windshield......we laughed our asses off
      Attached Files
      STUGOTS

Comment

Nice El Camino tow vehicle Groucho and HUGE BRAVOS for your buddy Eddie!!!
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 3, 2011, 11:24 AM.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Oh yea, I used to go there when i was in high school. Never raced there though. I for one am glad they are changing the date to a summertime event as that is the same weekend as the California Route 66 Museum Car Show in Victorville which I'm in charge of! You so. cal folks, come on out to the museum, show your car off!
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Working...
          X