Hey Thunderlungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Thunderlungs

As some of you have seen, Jon "Thunderlungs" Lundberg is a member of this board.

If you do not know Jon by name, you certainly know him in other ways. He was one of a handful of truly pioneering drag racing announcers back in the growth spurt years of the sport in the 1960's and 1970's. If you have ever heard an announcer utter, "Attention in the pits....attention in the pits", thank Jon, because that's where the most oft line you hear on the PA came from...him.

I've never had the pleasure of actually meeting Jon, but as a guy who also plys the trade, he's certainly one of the giants that many of us look up to and aspire to be as good as (we pretty much all fail...but we try).

Anyway, he probably won't appreciate the intro, because that's not how he rolls, but the man is one of the few guys who HAS actually "been there and done that".

In 2008 Jon was inducted into the International Drag Racing Hall of Fame.

Alrighty then Thunder....your turn.

Give us some good announcer stories...the funny/off beat stuff that happens off the track.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Hey Thunderlungs

I am wringing my hands in anticipation!
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
    X