No announcement yet.

Another motorcycle craving rant......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude.... Go buy that bike.... I sold my last one that was worse for 1500..... Just say'n

Comment

I definitely have the craving for a bike. But right now I feel the need for the race engine more.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ciHemi View Post
        I definitely have the craving for a bike. But right now I feel the need for the race engine more.
        Dude, you NEED a nice cheap woods bike (KDX200 is perfect).
        Some of the best off road trails in the country are literally in your back yard!

Comment

I have an 84 of one of these. Picked it up last fall thinking I'd get the clutch master cylinder rebuit by spring .Road it two miles last fall and a caliper locked up. Also have one of those Schwinn chopper that I keep saying " I'll put a 5 horse on it one day! " I really am going to get the Night Hawk on the road this spring. It is a nice size first street bike biggest one before was the 250 suzuki on/off that a car knocked me off. My motivation to get it up an running is Keith's Iron Butt ride. If guys on hondas are allowed and not just Beamers. :0
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Up untill my friend bought a Suzuki 1200 Bandit (basicall a sport bike with a slightly more up right riding position ) I wanted a Hog minis all the fairings and bags . He just looked at me and said "why would you want to speed that much and go so slow" I still like the look but I've heard way too may loud ones. The last one I saw even the owner thought was too loud. He just wasnt smart enough to fix it. He had these yellow ear plugs. Whish I had a pair!
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Glad I still have this.

Doesn't make up for wanting another sport bike, but I had a friend hit a dead stopped tahoe last thursday doing 55 on an 884. He got a broke nose and walked away. Amazing he's alive.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I'll post up some of mine. A few have been sold

Here's my '65 Puch SGS 250.

"74 CB550 and '73 CB750

'70 Honda CL350

'73 Yamaha TX750

'68 Yamaha YAS1

'65 Sears Allstate 175

Puch SGS250 customized in the '60s and rescued from a collapsing barn.

'68 Reed-Titan equipped Honda SL350

'66 Honda CA160, unrestored and 100% original with only 548 miles.

Comment

man That Reed Titan 350 is Incredibly good... I really like that... and the two 750's....

Nice junk VT...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                    man That Reed Titan 350 is Incredibly good... I really like that... and the two 750's....

Nice junk VT...
                    Shouldn't you be in bed there old timer........
                    Last edited by TC; September 30, 2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk View Post
                      By the way.... I'd own everyone of the bikes you guys have shown.... Love the older Honda's... but whatever puts your knees in the breeze
                      You've owned a rigid Sportster? Hmmmm. That was the original post... lol. Somehow I suspect not. How about a rant on old school crap like separate transmissions and engines!

I'm not sure I have the cajones for a rigid Sporty, but man, if you are gonna go that route, might as well get a Girder too!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0587.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	857846

To answer the question though, yes. I have wanted a Connie or a ST1100 Honda for some time. Funds somewhat limited, and winter approaching, it won't happen this year. A guy at work bought one of these recently and it stoked the coals.

Sure it looks like a station wagon and costs as much, and it's bland, and it's boring, and it rides like butter... but I want one. There's a Sportster on the back porch that could be made to run without too much drama, maybe I'll just do that instead. Sure, it's not really a Harley, it's slow, it's kinda loud, it looks like a 80's glam hair band ride... to hell with it and what anyone else thinks. I think I'll drain the 3 year old gas, put a battery and tires in/on it and ride it!
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You said a few had ben sold, what about the Reed Titan 350? Does it need adopted?
                        Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                          You said a few had ben sold, what about the Reed Titan 350? Does it need adopted?
                          I was offered crazy money for it by a collector in NH. It's being restored now. I have about 5 other old bikes not pictured. I'll see if I can dig some up.

Comment

Ever seen a Mobylette?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Sure it looks like a station wagon and costs as much, and it's bland, and it's boring, and it rides like butter... but I want one. There's a Sportster on the back porch that could be made to run without too much drama, maybe I'll just do that instead. Sure, it's not really a Harley, it's slow, it's kinda loud, it looks like a 80's glam hair band ride... to hell with it and what anyone else thinks. I think I'll drain the 3 year old gas, put a battery and tires in/on it and ride it!
                              This is another of many hard-core HD faithful sayings that I just don't get. Just because the transmission is integrated with the engine case it's not a 'Real' Harley- Really?

Aside from that, the sportster platform is a street version of the venerable XR750 flat track motor, and even a few XR1000 based road racers, check out "Lucifer's Hammer" on the interweb, my favorite HD of all time!!
                              A nicely done flat-track styled sportster would be a great bike.

Comment

A good friend of mine runs these two bikes in the AMA Pro Hillclimb series. The red one was a 450, now a 530, and the yellow one is running a new engine this year, an 1100cc GSXR engine with NOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X