Another motorcycle craving rant......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another motorcycle craving rant......

Every 6-8 months I get the urge to go get another bike. The last time was a Triumph that spoke to me and beckoned me to tempt homelessness by buying it. I was able to resisist. Now I come across this thing on ebay and it's making me rack my brain trying to figure out how to swing it and not get killed for doing it. does anyone else have this overpowering 2 wheeled callin on a regular basis?

Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

dang you... I've been fighting the urge for a bit too and you're not helping
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yep. Two weeks ago... I caved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0910110932.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	857814

Damn that Harley is coooool...

For some reason this thing didn't satisfy my craving for long. I really want an old dirt bike. Stopped to look at a beat RM465 for way too much money, but I'm really craving one of these:

Name:	141_0302_10z+1981_Maico_490+Right_Side_View.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	857815

Maico 490. I'd probably have a better chance of finding a liberal at an NRA convention than running across one of these.
      Last edited by ford141; September 29, 2011, 07:13 PM.
      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Dude, youse friggin' guys are killin' me.

I've had 5 bikes... don't have one now... but i NEED THIS:

Name:	raceshit.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	857816
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ That is awesome
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The only bike I've ever owned was an '82 Suzuki RM 250, had alot of fun on it before I tore it apart to "fix it". Ended up selling it to a guy who was building a shifter cart for his kid and just needed the motor and trans. I've always loved the early '80s CB 900F's, a guy at my high school had one just like this with an aftermarket pipe and it sounded awesome!

Name:	Picture 165.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	857817
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

That is so cool! I'm selling my 08 883 Sportster right now, just under 3000K miles if anyone is interested. Need a bigger bike down the road.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I get a craving for a bike every few years. Invariably it is cured when someone I know has a bad wreck... the latest was a guy I know pretty well, he had a deer jump out in front of him. Now he is paralyzed from the chest down. He's been in a hospital in Philly for several months, now. Had he been in a car or pickup, it would have been a bashed in grill and fender, end of story.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

This has been my ride for the last 3 years. I was growing bored with it this summer, and needed a change. I was considering building a cafe' racer from it (it is a little too new for that), but I decided to move on and buy a dual sport. It has been a really good bike though, its an 83 Honda Nighthawk 650 with 30k on it. Runs 100%, and has been super reliable. Probably going to sell it now (unless I can't get enough money for it, then I can still build the cafe' racer from it.

Name:	IMG_1948.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	857819

Name:	IMG_1949.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	857820
                  Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
                    Maico 490. I'd probably have a better chance of finding a liberal at an NRA convention than running across one of these.
                    Nice job on the KTM.

I'm a card carrying liberal NRA member AND I have a friend that raced Maicos in vintage MX a while back. He might still be plugged into that scene so PM me if you want me to look him up.
                    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                      The only bike I've ever owned was an '82 Suzuki RM 250, had alot of fun on it before I tore it apart to "fix it". Ended up selling it to a guy who was building a shifter cart for his kid and just needed the motor and trans. I've always loved the early '80s CB 900F's, a guy at my high school had one just like this with an aftermarket pipe and it sounded awesome!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5239[/ATTACH]
                      I love those bikes. Years ago I bought a CB750F and got it running for ONE DAY before I took it apart. Now the freshly powdercoated frame has been sitting in my basement for 5 years. Something about those stupid DOHC CBs. One of the greatest bikes ever.
                      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

The bug for a new bike hit me last year when my Road King turned 55,000 miles. In Oct the dealer made me a deal I couldn't pass up. Now one year later my New 103 ci. Road King Police Bike turned 19,000 miles.

Good times, like two weeks ago when I rode the entire Blue Ridge Pkwy. leads me to say . . . you should never be without a bike . . . GET IT NOW !

Ridin Fool DTB
                        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

You guys are kidding right? Hay Duez H christ on a crutch....

Hmmm

Comment

latest

my Daily ride

Last edited by KeithTurk; September 30, 2011, 05:50 AM.

Comment

By the way....Motorcycles without rear suspensions are simply stupid.... I'm sorry but why build even a "Bar Bike" poorly..... Hard tails are for Vintage bikes and folks that don't understand the concept of maintaining contact between the Tire and good old terra firma... the More firma... the less Terra!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X