No announcement yet.

Another motorcycle craving rant......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a couple more cool old bike pictures.
    Here is my ’89 Honda Hawk GT. It was a “new” leftover that I bought and started riding around on public roads like a complete jackass with a bunch of friends. After a few guys started falling we all decided to do some track stuff. The addiction hit and the rest is history.
    The bike started out like this:

This is the final picture of my hawk before I sold it. It evolved for several years into what you see here (By evolve I mean destroy and put it back together different and hopefully better, LOL). It hit the ground several times including two pretty wicked high-speed crashes at Road America. The bike and I came out with minimal and repairable damage. This thing had little to offer in the Horsepower department, but handled like a dream, learned all about corner speed on this thing.

Sold this to build the next one.

Named by my wife, “The Mistress”, this is my ’99 Champ winning ’92 Ducati 750 SS. This IS the first thing saved in my garage in the event of disaster (Javelin is #2). This bad-boy is a true hot rod, every part has been modified, from frame modifications to the Corrillo rods in the engine. Class leading power in its day, and it handled great as long as you didn’t do anything stupid. This picture was taken just before putting on the trailer to race the 1999 CCS race of champions in Daytona.
    The bike was taken apart for its yearly rebuild when we returned from Daytona in 1999 and sits under a cover yet to be completed, sad.
    Last edited by mike343sharpstick; October 6, 2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X