Goodguys At Rhinebeck No More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodguys At Rhinebeck No More

There's a brand new home for the Goodguys East Coast Nationals, formerly held in Rhinebeck, New York. Next year's 21st East Coast Nationals will take place Father's Day weekend June 15-17 at the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, Massachusetts marking the first time Goodguys will hold a National event in the Old Colony State.

yuck springfield

worcester would be better , love the july 4 mayhem there

Comment

Those fairgrounds are pretty huge out there. Not CC Summer Nats huge, but damn big. I'm excited to hit this one next year!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

They bang you over the head to get in at Rhinebeck just for spectators,I cant bring my car because they cut off at 72.The grounds are too small there for that kind of show anyhow.

Comment

rhinebeck was the only GG with the 72 cut off , I believe
          the street rdders here are nazis

Comment

I'm with Spidey. Springfield? Jeez. Closer to me than Rhinebeck though.

Comment

Springfield is not the best city in the world, cannot argue that. Have either of you guys ever been to the Big E? That's where they are holding the deal.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've been to the swap meet there in January. I seem to have a knack for getting there and waiting in -20 degree weather to get in the place.

Comment

most of all of GG shows have a 72 Cut-off. Where did you hear this spidey?
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I just got an email from a friend saying it had to do with NY state sales tax rules. Get this (where else could this happen) they want the vendors to pay NY sales tax on ANY sales either there or from catalogs they distribute there.Can you believe that ! What a pile of sh*t !
                    Last edited by antmnte; October 1, 2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      Those fairgrounds are pretty huge out there. Not CC Summer Nats huge, but damn big. I'm excited to hit this one next year!
                      that be one big gas bill getting that tow rig out there

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                        I just got an email from a friend saying it had to do with NY state sales tax rules. Get this (where else could this happen) they want the vendors to pay NY sales tax on ANY sales either there or from catalogs they distribute there.Can you believe that ! What a pile of sh*t !
                        most states have this, if they have a store in said state and when they open a keos at a show.. they open them selves up to sales tax for that year. for anything sold to an address in state..
                        enforcing it. is another story and why most don't bother
                        Last edited by Stich496; October 1, 2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I'm not surprised as it's been getting smaller every year, and at $18 a head to get in most people didn't think it was worth it anymore. I'm kinda disapointed since my club helped out with the model car show every year. The Big E is a huge facility that could have a good show if they can find enough people willing to pay the price to get in, but if they draw like they've been drawing here it will look empty. Now it looks like I may be making three trips to that God forsaken town next year as they have a huge model train show in the winter and the ATHS Nationl truck show.

Comment

20 for spectators to get in Lead East , but they have a pile of bands , that go all day , and is a 24 hour a day event

saw
                            Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; October 1, 2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

The show was moved due to car counts or spectator traffic. In fact spectator count was up this year. The reason was that the Fairgrounds did not give us a date for the show, so call the dutchess county fairgrounds if you want to bitch.

as for led east, same old same old. did it for years , dont miss it. thats what is great about America....freedom of choice !
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                              X