Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Born 55, smitten by cars (slot cars, magazines and models) at age 8. Moved to Socal from NY in 69 at age 14, ditched most classes in high school to sneek into auto shop, street raced (REAL street racing) from mid 70's to mid 80's, always had some sort of special interest cars (somewhere north of 450 of em), and here's some of my crap.

Re: Intro

Guys, the Corvette in the forground was the one on the cover of HRM some time last year. Great car.

Groucho, thanks a lot for siging in!

Comment

Hey Dave, good luck with this. I just found it. How long's it been up? R there user CP's or PM's?

Comment

Since the middle of SEMA. So like four weeks. Some of the other threads will explain what's going on, and what content we'll have once we're ready to launch the full site. Stay in touch when you score some cool cars we need to see.

Comment

And already this much action? Great. If you've seen any of my posts on other boards, I'm pretty outspoken and swear at will. How much, if any is OK here? I'm a car guy, not a choir boy. So, I honestly feel the genuine need to express myself in this manner. On some boards (I've been tossed from 2 in less than a single day) it's like the Morman Tabernacle Choir. On other boards, if you keep the title clean, and don't bash, you can express yourself anyway you want. So, What up?

Comment

Originally posted by Groucho
            If you keep the title clean, and don't bash, you can express yourself anyway you want. So, What up?
            That's pretty much it. Try to tone down the F-bombs.

Comment

Car guys LIKE to use superlatives... ;D

Comment

You shitt'n me? ;D

Comment

OK, fair enough. Now, PM's? User control panel (clicking on it on other boards informs you of new stuff since last visit), and how can I get an avatar pic? I'm having trouble the usual way. I'm shit with computers. So, if you take the time, keep it S I M P L E puleez
                  [/quote]

That's pretty much it. Try to tone down the F-bombs.
                  [/quote]

Comment

What's a superlative? As I mentioned in my intro, I ditched class to have Auto Shop 8 periods a day
                    Originally posted by 1FastMopar
                    Car guys LIKE to use superlatives... ;D

Comment

OK, fair enough. Now, PM's? User control panel (clicking on it on other boards informs you of new stuff since last visit), and how can I get an avatar pic? I'm having trouble the usual way. I'm shit with computers. So, if you take the time, keep it S I M P L E puleez
                      Up at the top of the forum page, click "Profile" in the blue bar. It'll take you to a new page. At the left is a blue column, click "Forum Profile Information" and it will tell you how to load your avatar.

Comment

That's what I tried. From my camera, and from Photobucket. Also, like other boards is there a link to 1st UNREAD post? Can you subscribe to certain threads? How come when I submit this post it dumps me elsewhere afterwards? So many questions. I feel dumb here
                        Originally posted by Freiburger
                        Up at the top of the forum page, click "Profile" in the blue bar. It'll take you to a new page. At the left is a blue column, click "Forum Profile Information" and it will tell you how to load your avatar.

Comment

Groucho,
                          You are truly a man who knows the proper use of chrome reverse wheels. Beautiful stuff.

GC

Comment

Working...
                          X