Traditional Hot Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Traditional Hot Rods

My daily driver has non power disk brakes. Works fine...just press harder and I can feel the wheels starting to lock much better for threshhold braking.

Drum brakes work very well if they are kept up, but are hard to modulate I find and need to cool down or they fade like crazy. The old drum brakes that don't self adjust require constant maintainance to work properly.

Actually, now that I am thinking about it...not one of my 4 vehicles has power brakes, but they all are running disks on at least the front. Except the Dart, but all the parts are there to do the disk conversion. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Comment

Re: Traditional Hot Rods

I've got a disc/drum setup on the Vega with manual brakes. My brother has the same set up but with power brakes. I took his car out one sunny afternoon and was calmly driving down the street when the light changed to amber, had to get on the brakes hard to try and stop, pitched the car sideways and knew it wasn't going to happen for me so got off the brakes and on the gas hard and blew through the intersection. Got the adrenalin pumping that's for sure ;)
      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Working...
      X