Drivin the '57 Chevy gasser around town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivin the '57 Chevy gasser around town

First we competed in a dragrace event, then we took the gasser for a long trip to town as you can see in the video.
    A gasser is a rare sight on the Swedish roads, many thumbs up from other drivers, and on all gas stations we visited, which were many, was people gathered around the car

Engine is a Merlin II 540 cu.in, JE 12,5:1 pistons, Brodix II cylinder heads, Dominator 1150 carb. 761 hp/6100 rpm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8b6a956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	877989

Name:	3c7893b9.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	877990
    http://www.youtube.com/Jobergg

man that thing is fun

Comment

That's a wicked car! neat to see it out on the road.

although....I've been driving my blown big block 55 chevy around Los Angeles the past couple days, and it seems as out of place in traffic here, as the gasser does in Sweden.
      Last edited by squirrel; October 2, 2011, 08:49 AM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Nice 1200 rpm idle, right about where my toy idles. Much quieter and wrapped in a cooler body...

Ya know, Sweden looks quite a bit like where I live. Must be why so many Finns settled here.

Comment

A black and white 150 post car. That's always been my favorite of the '57's.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Jeebus!! Look at all those cool cars! They're everywhere that night!
            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Thanks for posting the really cool shots of your car. Is this a typical night or a once a week event?

Not sure I would leave that Dominator 1150 carb without something on top of it for long.

How long were you building the car for? I love old gassers and yours fit's right into that class.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                Thanks for posting the really cool shots of your car. Is this a typical night or a once a week event?

Not sure I would leave that Dominator 1150 carb without something on top of it for long.

How long were you building the car for? I love old gassers and yours fit's right into that class.

Jimbo
                Thanks but it's not my car, it's a friend to me who is the owner.
                He bought this car a couple of months ago without engine, then he put a 540 in it.
                I don't know anything about the car history, I'll ask him next time I see him.

There were some guys who had rented an old airfield that we ran on first in the video.
                Then we drove to Stockholm City, they have cruising nights there the last weekend every months.
                I can say that it brought a lot of attention wherever we went that day

Edit:
                Here is two pics with the other engine before my friend bought this car, the fuel injection looks really good

Name:	70505d47.jpg
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	857887

Name:	e3af0d7b.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	857888
                http://www.youtube.com/Jobergg

Comment

COOL CAR! by the looks of the video, their are a lot of nice cars over there.

Comment

Working...
                  X