Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallen Soldier Returns Home to San Antonio Today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallen Soldier Returns Home to San Antonio Today.

I got this email at work last night,I know its short notice but if you are in the San Antonio area consider taking a few hours from your day to honor a local hero.

If you do not have base access you can assemble near the main gate.

Thanks
    Lance

Show your support and pay respect

Please honor a fallen hero and show your support to his family in their time of grief Thursday, Oct. 6 at 11:30 a.m. when the remains of 1st. Lt. Andres Zermeno, 26, of San Antonio, arrive at Randolph AFB. Lieutenant Zermeno died Sept. 25 in Wardak Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with a rocket propelled grenade. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, Fort Polk, La.

In a show of respect and gratitude, members of the Randolph community are asked to honor Lieutenant Zermeno by lining Harmon Drive as his motorcade passes and exits the base.

Expect delays and traffic detours, and the traffic circle to close for about an hour tomorrow, starting at about 11 a.m.

As a friendly reminder, please...

- Line outbound lanes (on sidewalk and on the grassy area where the 50 state flags are posted) from the Taj Mahal to the Main gate, but stay off of the roadway...safety is paramount.
    - Remain in place until the entire procession passes
    - If in uniform, render the appropriate salute 6 paces before the hearse approaches your position and lower your salute approximately 6 paces after the hearse passes you.

Heartbreaking. I know he knew the dangers but still......

My bro is in San Anto and will likely be there. He's a retired Naval Commander and shows up for as many of these as he can.

RIP, Lt. Zermeno.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X