Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on finding history of a Winston Cup car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on finding history of a Winston Cup car?

I bought this car way cheap, plan on building it for ECTA events. It was last run in ARCA. Pretty sure it was a Winston Cup car first (most cars in the series are). Any idea's on I D ing it? Was told it should have number engraved on the passanger side roll bar it's not there. Ther car is front steer and has the dry sump tank on the passanger side so it seems from what I have read that it was built in the early 90's. The only I D on the car is a small sticker on the rol cage ware only the driver could see with the name SYBIL
    Attached Files

winston cup is a 110" wheel base ..busch car was a 105"
    they have a chassis number ..banjos is out of business ,
    try these guys
    LAUGHLIN PERFORMANCE
    2245 Warrior Creek Church Road
    Gray Court, SC 29645
    864-682-2277
    Hutcherson-Pagan Enterprises
    8718 Statesville Road # A
    Charlotte, NC 28269-2611 map
    Holman Automotive Inc.,
    9119 Forsyth Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273

Questions or Orders, call (704)583-2888

Comment

looks like you got a great score on that, congrats

on a side note, ive been curious as to where you can find parts for those cars, I would like to find a rear end from one of those cars
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Thanks Spidey, it is 110 inch wheel base those are good places to check. To find parts rear ends and other stuff 2nd chance racing and Roush Yates used have them.

Comment

looking for used parts try Muscle Motorsports online or their epay store. I had bought many items from Muscle, always shot me straight, these guys can help you price out complete parts items you need to put a car together.

call the race teams and ask about certain name cars, seems like Rusty Wallace drove a car named that, I am probably wrong though.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd want to drive a race car named Sybil. The poster child of Multiple Personality Syndrome.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              I'm not sure I'd want to drive a race car named Sybil. The poster child of Multiple Personality Syndrome.
              I thought the same thing, may call Bob Strait I think he drove it in ARCA looked him up online he has a body shop in IL. Has in memory of Neil Bonnet sticker on it witch I think would be 1994.

Comment

It ks great to sit in and drink beer making engine sounds, but kinda tight for me to get in and out of.
                Attached Files

Comment

i checked out the Roush Yates used store, WOW is all I can say
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I have a brain fart going here but KT has a friend in NC who deals in used NASCAR stuff. I'm sure if you PM Keith he can fix you up with contact info. Maybe it's Muscle Motorsports? Also, they might be able to give you direction on finding the source of the car.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; October 9, 2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

looks like a swurv'n erin ervan car

Comment

I would call Robert Yater and see whose cars they ran in the late 80's early 90's but it looks similar to a Laughlin busch car a friend had. Do you have a set of the five hole wheels like you have on the left front or just that one. I'd love a set for my Monte Carlo.

Comment

You may also want to try here, http://genefeltonrestorations.com/ He restores quite a few Nascar Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                            looks like a swurv'n erin ervan car
                            Good thought does look like the chassis was always red (sanded on a spot ware the I d numbers should be) and not as sure on the outside always being black (kinda looks, like it may have been red. Those are only wheels I have but roush has 15x10 cup car wheels as low as $30 each. Only 3 of my wheels are the five hole style and I want to switch to the other style.
                            Last edited by Shawn Anderson; October 9, 2011, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Well it looks like my search may go no ware, talked to Gene Felton (who is way nice) and he told me to look on cross bar, spring perches and behind drivers seat for I D struck out in all places. I Called Mucsle Motors whom sent me to Bill Ryan whom will call back, But what I found out that was was Target Expediting #37 Thunderbird (I am sure there was more than 1 car but this apears to be a super speedway car) was run in 93 and 94. In 93 at Daytona it was driven by Chargin Charlie Glotzback after that by Bob Strait. Being that that team ran Cutless's before that the car either rebodied as a T bird for 93, bought from another ARCA team as T bird or could have been one of the many Tbirds that kicked ass in 92.

Comment

Working...
                              X