Anything to do in Springfield, MO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything to do in Springfield, MO?

I'm going to be in Springfield Missouri next week for work and wondered if there was anything I should check out whilst I'm there?

Watch the grass grow and the cars rust.

just kidding.

The Fantastic Caverns are nearby. I think there is a civil war battlefield close by.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bass Pro shops is based out of Springfield and the local dirt track for saturday night racing
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Craigs list a dirt bike and go riding at Chadwick or pedal it LOL
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Monorail?
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Tirefire? Statue of Jebediah Springfield.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

be nice or I'll sick the dogs on you, or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when the dogs bark the bees come out!
                Last edited by LORENSWIFE; October 10, 2011, 01:27 PM.
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                  Monorail?
                  They have a shot that will clear that right up!
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    They have a shot that will clear that right up!
                    LLFIMC

Laughing leaning forward in my chair.

Comment

Well I stay several nights a week in Springfield........should be there next week
                      at the Hampton on Glenstone.

Go up Hwy 13 north about 40 miles and there's a couple of cool antique
                      places......one with cars.
                      You could go to Branson about 45 minutes South on Hwy 65.......lots of entertainment
                      stuff there.
                      As mentioned Bass Pro........they've got a restaurant called Hemingway's....all you can eat......expensive but good.

Breakfast at Aunt Marthas' pancake house is like a step back in time.........juke box is always playing.

If all else fails...........go get a six pack and watch the Wal Mart truck un load.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

You guys could shoot over to Joplin and have dinner, buy fuel, and add a little to their economy......I know they'd appreciate that.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Well I stay several nights a week in Springfield........should be there next week
                          at the Hampton on Glenstone.

Go up Hwy 13 north about 40 miles and there's a couple of cool antique
                          places......one with cars.
                          You could go to Branson about 45 minutes South on Hwy 65.......lots of entertainment
                          stuff there.
                          As mentioned Bass Pro........they've got a restaurant called Hemingway's....all you can eat......expensive but good.

Breakfast at Aunt Marthas' pancake house is like a step back in time.........juke box is always playing.

If all else fails...........go get a six pack and watch the Wal Mart truck un load.
                          Monk - you crack me up - get ready for Power Tour - we're comin' your way amigo.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

give the Silver Leaf Taproom a try, one of the members here owns the place (Jill) cant think of her screen name, her husband builds some nice cars, tell her your from bangshift she will hook you up
                            Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Working...
                            X