Jury Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jury Duty

Sitting in the jury lounge, did not get called in the first wave, got a feeling its going to be a long day
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Yeah, but you can sit there and dream about what you are going to spend that $20 on!
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Lol day one $12 next 4 $20 then $40 after that. Maybe I can have a nice lunch on the county's dime.

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I got to serve on an attempted murder trial jury some years back. The Gov. continued my pay as if I was at work - but I had to hand over the $20/day! But we had pretty good lunch at a downtown restaurant (county paid) and I got decent parking in downtown Ann Arbor (this is a BIG deal). Actually, it was a fascinating process and we jurors ended up reconstructing what most likely happened and sentenced according to what we thought was most likely reality. The problem was that neither side put forth a scenario that fit the agreed-upon facts. Don't know how common that is.

Since this, I try never to second-guess a jury. If you haven't heard all of the testimony you just don't know what info the jury has to use to reach it's decision.

Good luck - hope you can enjoy the ride as I did. Now I can't understand why people work to get out of jury duty.

Dan

Comment

I've been on jury duty before, and they try and make you believe it's an honour and you are doing a good service, but I totaly understand why someone would work to get out of it.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

After round 2 still waiting

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Third times the charm, i'm going in!

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

never going back ..lost hundreds of dollars at jury duty in 1997

Comment

Served twice. Once for a criminal trial, once for a business case. Interesting both times, but the jury social dynamic is weird.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I hate jury duty!

If I get called in I just look so horrified at whatever the crime was, the defense lawyers always dismiss me, I try not to smile as the door hits me in the butt on the way out.
                    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Let me make this clear, if you receive any sort of summons in the "Mail", you do not have to respond to it, they are "fishing".....And this was told to me by my friend that is a Sargent in the Phoenix PD.........I have never received a Jury Summons in the mail that I know of.. and no one has ever came to my door or ever contacted me for not responding...... As my buddy put it they send it in the mail hoping that you respond, because once you respond they know your acknowledging whatever your being summons for......Like he said if they really have something on you they will come get you and not wait for you to respond to a letter in the mail.......

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        Sitting in the jury lounge, did not get called in the first wave, got a feeling its going to be a long day
                        Just say the "N" word, you'll be on your way in no time........

Comment

maybe things are different in different states. i got out of it a few times for the simple reason i didnt have paid days off. you almost cant get out of it anymore in nj. last year i got it and tried to get out of it with a very good reason, they were nice enough to postpone it 1 year! a guy i was working with also got it within a few days of me. different county though. he flew off the handle, admitted to being a racist and dropped the N word, they told him to sit down and shut up, if he voiced his opinion again, he would be held in contempt of court. whatever that is. he shut up and considered it just a days pay lost. so my postponed date just came up earlier this month, i went i got called for a 2 week car accident trial and he let me off without even questioning my situation. they had enough people willing to do it, they still made us sit there until 4:15. by lunch time people were almost begging to get a case we were so damn boored. i went to the bar had a few beers and came back and just laughed at everyone going crazy. i just got my check i nthe mail the other day. i think its 5 bucks.

Comment

If in fact your Sargent friend did tell you this, he has as much creditability as Pat.
                            Where do you come up with this stuff?
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

I sat on a jury a few years ago up in Ridgecrest and it was total BS. A CHP officer charged some guy with evading because he took 1 mile to finally pull over. Two of us tried to explain to the other jurors that he wasn't trying to get away he just wasn't paying attention and should have been cited for failure to yeild. They still wanted to convict the guy, I'm pretty sure, because he worked at a junkyard and drove an old car. He got 6 months in jail.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X