No announcement yet.

Wife approval for parts, cars, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milner, That is awesome that you notice, maybe I was off base just from observing my own situation...at our house I am the one that knows where everything is, what appointments are coming up etc. Loren can literally walk across the room and lose something to the point where almost no one can find it. While he would not necessarilly notice a new pair of shoes he does compliment me about looking nice sometimes it is because I have a new dress on and sometimes it is just because...

Send Rhonda to San Diego for the weekend and She and I will go on a shopping spree! At heart I am a barefoot, same purse, comfortable clothes type of chick, but it is fun to get dolled up once in a while and be Loren's arm candy.

Gail
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Gail - careful what you wish for - winter get's cold over here!

I'm not sure who'd get into more trouble, Gail and Rhonda or John and Loren!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

This kind of slides into a related but somewhat different conversation. What's with many women and shopping? I don't understand "shopping" as a sport. ME wants to "shop" from time to time and I pray for the times when Marsi (our newly "adopted" daughter) or one of our other girly friends comes to visit so they can head off to shopping land. I go "buying" - I know what I want, I ask the clerk and they have it or they don't, and I buy it or not, depending on stock. No more than 5 minutes for the whole deal. Evidently I miss the point completely.

Gail, can ME join you and Rhonda?

BTW - I hope Loren knows he's a lucky guy (as am I).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          This kind of slides into a related but somewhat different conversation. What's with many women and shopping? I don't understand "shopping" as a sport. ME wants to "shop" from time to time and I pray for the times when Marsi (our newly "adopted" daughter) or one of our other girly friends comes to visit so they can head off to shopping land. I go "buying" - I know what I want, I ask the clerk and they have it or they don't, and I buy it or not, depending on stock. No more than 5 minutes for the whole deal. Evidently I miss the point completely.

Dan
          Dan, I'm way lucky too. Don't count me out of that one. Maybe the shopping thing is sort of in the DNA, the separator, the stem to the cell or whatever. I wonder if cave women "shopped?" They must have....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buying Pants.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	858010
          Last edited by pdub; October 12, 2011, 01:42 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Of course cave women shopped.......... but at the time the most shopped after item was us, the cavemen. I bet they wore themselves out trying to get one of us to quit chasing antelope or banging on rocks and notice them instead!
            Last edited by STINEY; October 12, 2011, 01:50 PM.
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I am not really a "shopper" either...I decide at 10a that I want/need a new "whatever" I am out at noon on my lunch that usually I never take and am back in an hour or hour and a half, with the "whatever". I hate the mall. I have set things I get at the grocery store, and X-mas shopping I try to do on-line with the free shipping thing. BUT for the laides of Bangshift I would make a day out of it! ME is in, round up the rest, Peewee send Sue and we will have a great time, and of course we would not discuss our wonderful husbands...

The caveman comment. since I am female I started down that road, Considering Cavemen Road, then I took a short detour into a cul-de-sac named, Stuff Nobody Cares About and thought why do most mammals have the male all gussied up for the ladies to choose from, but humans tend to have the females gussied up, not that the males really get to choose but...then back out on the main road, a short left onto Tangent Lane and somewhere I read a comment that Human beings are the only animals where the female has enlarged mammary glands permanently, every other animal has them enlarged only for baby feeding...then I don't know for what reason that got me thinking about a comment from one of our friends last weekend while moving the "shop". We will call this Completely Unrelated Thought Street...he said the only tool that could manufacture intself was either a lathe or a milling machine, he wasn't sure which~ Hmmm

So scarey to be me!
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

It's my money and I work hard for it. So, if nobody around me that I love is starving, I'll spend it however the Hell I want to. An ex-girlfriend asked me why I spent so much of "my" money on car shit. I told her the key word in her question was "my". Now, an interesting observation I've noticed thru the years about my married friends (sorry bastards). They have to "ask" their wives if they can buy car parts (with their own money)...but the wife spends his money on her clothes/shoes/jewelry WITHOUT his permission. I don't get it....and I sure don't care to get it. I'm single, I love it that way, and when I'm lonely I get a "rental" that's half my age. LOL (Long live the king Charlie Sheen!!)
                Last edited by groucho; October 12, 2011, 02:34 PM.
                STUGOTS

Comment

It works good in my house......I buy parts....I don't tell my wife....and that keeps me out of the situation. I don't have the time or fortitude to explain the purchases any more.....

It is better to apologize later than ask permission now.

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    Dan, I'm way lucky too. Don't count me out of that one. Maybe the shopping thing is sort of in the DNA, the separator, the stem to the cell or whatever. I wonder if cave women "shopped?" They must have....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5510[/ATTACH]
                    That map's hilariuos! The funny thing is it appears she bever made it to the Gap, which tells me she's pre-planned a return trip. LOL
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Groucho.

I am not taking your compliment personally but all married people are not the same...
                      I have my own money too, I have worked at NBC since I was 17, I started at the one down the road from you in fact. Loren doesn't "ask" me if he can buy car parts, sometimes he just buys them, sometimes I buy them and surprise him and sometimes we talk about ones to get that will make one of the cars better, but I would never think of him "asking" or me saying NO.

I have always approved of his cars and have a special fondness for his parts.

~Gail

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
                        We just went to town, stopped at the grocery after returning cans at WallyWorld. It is an in and out sort of thing, Cat shops like I do, we know what we want. My daughter isnt like me as much, she is more like her mom and has to touch every piece of fabric in any store. I am far worse than Cat when it comes to walking through a parts store or someplace that has quality tools.

Also, I notice if cat has expensive shoes on since she wears sandals in summer and hiking boots in winter. She is an outdoor chick, no makeup, combs her hair when she remembers, doesnt do the nail thing, but she is still feminine. If she were into cars she would fit perfectly, but I think having the time apart and dissimilar interests really helps. After almost 8 years she almost feels comfortable helping me move a vehicle around the yard, but she has always been very capable in pulling trailers and backing them up. That is a big part of why I was so distraught over losing her last year, she just fits me too damn good to just let her slip away.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                          I am not really a "shopper" either...I decide at 10a that I want/need a new "whatever" I am out at noon on my lunch that usually I never take and am back in an hour or hour and a half, with the "whatever". I hate the mall. I have set things I get at the grocery store, and X-mas shopping I try to do on-line with the free shipping thing. BUT for the laides of Bangshift I would make a day out of it! ME is in, round up the rest, Peewee send Sue and we will have a great time, and of course we would not discuss our wonderful husbands...

The caveman comment. since I am female I started down that road, Considering Cavemen Road, then I took a short detour into a cul-de-sac named, Stuff Nobody Cares About and thought why do most mammals have the male all gussied up for the ladies to choose from, but humans tend to have the females gussied up, not that the males really get to choose but...then back out on the main road, a short left onto Tangent Lane and somewhere I read a comment that Human beings are the only animals where the female has enlarged mammary glands permanently, every other animal has them enlarged only for baby feeding...then I don't know for what reason that got me thinking about a comment from one of our friends last weekend while moving the "shop". We will call this Completely Unrelated Thought Street...he said the only tool that could manufacture intself was either a lathe or a milling machine, he wasn't sure which~ Hmmm

So scarey to be me!
                          Its a mill that can produce another mill on it. I like enlarged mammary glands, any size will do really, but shape is slightly more important.

Comment

Agreed and thank you for the milling machine answer, I looked ctitically at both after the comment was mad and it just seemed to me that there are some parts on there neither of them could make for themselves but maybe I was considering the cast parts to heavily into the equation?

Comment

Groucho.

I am not taking your compliment personally but all married people are not the same...
                              I have my own money too, I have worked at NBC since I was 17, I started at the one down the road from you in fact. Loren doesn't "ask" me if he can buy car parts, sometimes he just buys them, sometimes I buy them and surprise him and sometimes we talk about ones to get that will make one of the cars better, but I would never think of him "asking" or me saying NO.

~Gail
                              I understand you didn't take my comments personally, and that you just enjoy talking with me(way better smilies so needed). I aimed my comments at and about people I know personally. I have 100 friends that are married. Only 4 are happy, and one of them's full of shit. LMAO
                              Last edited by groucho; October 12, 2011, 03:03 PM.
                              STUGOTS

Comment

Groucho.

~Gail
                                Then Loren's one of the few lucky ones. My friends? Not so much.
                                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                                X