What Does the Chicken Say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does the Chicken Say?

We've got a clock in the back room, another TV/computer room. Sue Unit's office. When I'm sitting back there with Unit on the couch, especially on work nights, I get concerned about what time it is. Is it time for bed, because I have to get up early tomorrow.

With these eyes, I can't read that clock from 15 feet away. It's just too busy for me. Especially when the hands line up on top of one another...well, I can't read the clock.

So the ongoing saying here at Weeville is, "What does the chicken say?"

Spankie the Dawg can see and read the chicken clock just fine, even though he can't see past the end of his nose. He knows when it's time for a pee and when it's time for a treat and when it's time for ... well, all of the timed things. It's amazing, he knows. And he's pretty danged close every time.

Here's the clock on the wall. What does the chicken say? The photo doesn't do it justice. It really IS hard to read with these eyes. Maybe I should take a photo of it anytime I need to know what time it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	878024
    Last edited by pdub; October 12, 2011, 05:01 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

The time of your post was 6:58pm but the chicken says 7:42. Why don't you just look down in the right hand corner of your computer? Or look at your phone?
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The chicken says

"Cluck Cluck Cluck Y'all"

The Northern roooster says "Cockadoodle doo"
      The Southern Hen says "ANY ... wait, maybe I shouldn't post that.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

All I meant was, and I did it poorly, like when Spankie the Dawg starts begging for his 7:00 p.m. treat at 6:00, Sue Unit tells him, "The chicken says it's not time." The chicken. It's an inside joke here at Weeville between the two of us and a dog.

I messed that up.

I don't know why indicated post times here and real time differ so much. I took the photo, downloaded it and posted it pronto, as fast as I could. Post times here are on some time zone as indicated on the screen, heck who knows.

Time. It's all just time whether we have a clock or not.

Never mind. I blew that one entirely. Okay, missed opportunity on an inside joke. Poorly done.

Comment

I got it Peewee and I thought it was kinda sweet. All couples have those little inside things that are part of what makes each couple unique. From my too-much experience, they don't transfer when either member of the couple is changed. You have to build your own.

But it's pretty cool that Spanky can read the time and knows you well enough to know that you have trouble reading the chicken. Hey, you can't blame a guy for tryin'.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, there it is Dan, exactly. Thank you. Perfect. That's all I was going after.

Comment

I was going to say something about doing acid and flashbacks but hey, different strokes for different folks.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                I was going to say something about doing acid and flashbacks but hey, different strokes for different folks.
                That's one thing I can say, I never did any acid. I shopped for it when I was in high school, but nobody would sell me any. None of the heads trusted me enough to sell me any. I thought I wanted it. Glad I didn't get any.

One guy told me, "Don't ever do any acid if you ever want to think the same way again."

I'm not so sure the way I think is every bit in line, so I can't imagine the way I would think after doing acid. Glad I didn't find any acid in high school. Yep, glad that didn't work out.

Beer is fun enough.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  All I meant was, and I did it poorly, like when Spankie the Dawg starts begging for his 7:00 p.m. treat at 6:00, Sue Unit tells him, "The chicken says it's not time." The chicken. It's an inside joke here at Weeville between the two of us and a dog.

I messed that up.

I don't know why indicated post times here and real time differ so much. I took the photo, downloaded it and posted it pronto, as fast as I could. Post times here are on some time zone as indicated on the screen, heck who knows.

Time. It's all just time whether we have a clock or not.

Never mind. I blew that one entirely. Okay, missed opportunity on an inside joke. Poorly done.
                  umm... I got the joke, and tried to twist on it... I'll leave the next one alone if you think I missed it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    That's one thing I can say, I never did any acid. I shopped for it when I was in high school, but nobody would sell me any. None of the heads trusted me enough to sell me any. I thought I wanted it. Glad I didn't get any.

One guy told me, "Don't ever do any acid if you ever want to think the same way again."

I'm not so sure the way I think is every bit in line, so I can't imagine the way I would think after doing acid. Glad I didn't find any acid in high school. Yep, glad that didn't work out.

Beer is fun enough.
                    I was pretty wild in my youth - strictly a beer guy now too P.W. - had to give up the Beam about 15 yrs. ago - the other stuff alot earlier.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

to be clear, I understood the time reference and the clock reading pooch telling the chicken what to say at the correct time because he can either read, tell time, or is habitual. (Feed me, let me pee)... and keeping my bad internet sense of humor in mind, I'd still answer like this if you asked me "what does the chicken say?"

Chicken goes cluck cluck
                      Cow goes moo
                      Piggy goes oink oink
                      How bout you?

points if you know what movie I just quoted...
                      Last edited by Beagle; October 14, 2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

We have a friend in Ann Arbor (kind of a friend of a friend) and he and his twin bro make up a sort of folk group called "Gemini" (San Slomovitz and brother). They're pretty good, in that folky sort of way and have several recordings. Anyhow, they do a song for kids in which they talk about what roosters say in different countries. I can't pull up the title but it can probably be Googled.

The point is that in each country the humans describe the rooster sound differently based on the sounds of their language but we all actually hear the same thing and talk about it to our kids. We're more alike than we are different.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          points if you know what movie I just quoted...

No points for peewee, Beags. Probably points deducted in fact. Musta been in a movie released when I didn't live, which would have been sometime in the 80's...

Comment

Working...
                          X