Happy Birthday to the U.S. Navy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to the U.S. Navy!!!

Happy 236th Birthday to the World's FINEST Navy!!!

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Right on!

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

My brothers are both Naval guys, with my oldest bro being a retired Commander. Best to all Navy personnel, current and retired.

Wilmington is a Coast Guard town - when is the Coast Guard's birthday? We love our Coasties here.

Dan

Comment

Well dang, I should have said Happy Birthday to the Air Force last month. On a related note, Oct 11 is my anniversary date for the first enlistment. A bit over 20 years ago I was in Texas this week.

Comment

My Wife and I were both in the Navy. Sept 17th, 1979 was my first day in the Navy. Stayed in for 7 years.
          OH YEAH
          Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Wilmington is a Coast Guard town - when is the Coast Guard's birthday? We love our Coasties here.

Dan
            Their birthday was in August.

Just like with the Navy's Birthday today, anytime one of the armed services branches has a birthday, as soon as you get on our plant's property, you can see it on all of the electronic message boards

That might have something to do with us powering lots of the military's engines though
            1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
            2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
            2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Thanks for the info. The Diligence was in port for much of August so I must have missed the celebration on the news. They're pretty good about covering those sorts of things on the air. She docks right downtown so we see her whenever we go down for dinner or some such - when she's in port. She's out a LOT doing drug intradictions, catching illegal aliens (mostly from Latin America not outer space), that sort of thing.

So - Happy Birthday to all of the Services!
              Dan

Comment

Cool video, Pete. Thanks for sharing!
                Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

I'm ex-army, but you get my salute. Happy birthday US NAVY.

Comment

Anchors Aweigh.....Ex Sailor Here too.....been out 10 years in February.

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

my Dad was in the navy. he was the radiomen on the USS Edward McDonnell during the late 70's early 80's stationed in the menateranian
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                      X