Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Nah, he's right, Coors does suck!
    I go camping in those hills .... I wouldn't drink Coors if I were you guys ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      crown vics never raced in nascar

motors are too small
      have you seen one there twices the size of a SBC

displacment not so much but there sizes it huge

if they did let them in they would just use the nascar standared engine that has never boon in a production car
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        crown vics never raced in nascar

motors are too small
        Actually, the sister cars to the original CVs in the 1950s did quite well in NASCAR and AAA stock car competition. So much so that GM cooked up the AMA racing ban scam in 1957 to slow 'em down. (most Ford racers of the era were based on lighter two-door sedans, instead of the heavier CV model).

Later on, Bobby Allison showed 'em what for in a big '78 T-Bird that was a kissing cousin of the modern CV (although it had the NASCAR required standard suspension and frame under it)

And how big were the street mills in the FWD Lumina and FWD Monte Choke-o? At least a couple of liters short of the NASCAR limit.

Even the vainglorious Monte SS of the Intimidated '80s only came with a doorstop 305 lump of cast iron that wouldn't even be competitive in a street stock race.

Comment

• nascar changed the rules in 1966 to allow component switching , which is where truck arm rear suspension found its way under fords

the old galaxy front end went went away when bobby allison developed chevelle style front steer in the late 70s

if they made em be stone stock the general could have easily gone to the parts bin , 57 olds rear ,
          all the cars use saginaw 800 steering box ..most of them in the eighties ran camaro or amc st10 trans fords too

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
            Actually, the sister cars to the original CVs in the 1950s did quite well in NASCAR and AAA stock car competition. So much so that GM cooked up the AMA racing ban scam in 1957 to slow 'em down. (most Ford racers of the era were based on lighter two-door sedans, instead of the heavier CV model).

Later on, Bobby Allison showed 'em what for in a big '78 T-Bird that was a kissing cousin of the modern CV (although it had the NASCAR required standard suspension and frame under it)

And how big were the street mills in the FWD Lumina and FWD Monte Choke-o? At least a couple of liters short of the NASCAR limit.

Even the vainglorious Monte SS of the Intimidated '80s only came with a doorstop 305 lump of cast iron that wouldn't even be competitive in a street stock race.
            depends on the year. 88-91 where 2.8-3.1L v6s 92-96 where 31.-3.4L v6s 97-05 where 3.1-3.8 v6s 06-present it is a 3.5-5.3L v6s and v8s. the 5.3L is a sidways LS series v8
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• don't see a V8 in the mazda6 oops flushion or a camarory

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                I go camping in those hills .... I wouldn't drink Coors if I were you guys ....
                I sure am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• do any of the cars in nascar come factory with a v8? besides the impala

Comment

• Originally posted by Mater View Post
                    do any of the cars in nascar come factory with a v8? besides the impala
                    Charger, and the Challenger and Mustang in the Busch series, or I guess it's Nationwide now.

Comment

• Yes both chargers

Comment

Working...
                      X