No announcement yet.

Where's Rob Kinnan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think "getting screwed" is what he had in mind.
    Attached Files
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Rob said on his facebook page that HRM was bleeding cash. I guess he was the one blamed. Sean Haggai got let go from CHP on the same day, as well as other editors from other mags. I have friends who work for many of the mags and I worry about them.
      I hate to say it, but it is in the best interest of the mags to let the higher paying guys go and let someone else pick up the slack and pay them a cheaper salary.......Don't be surprised if things don't pickup for them that DF will be on the chopping block too.......The fact is there is no loyalty in the magazine world, these Corporate assholes only care about one thing and that is making money.......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        these Corporate assholes only care about one thing and that is making money.......
        I blame that on the stockholders.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Me to, lets ocupy something! that'l show 'em.

Making money! What a bunch of jerks!... Oh wait a second, thats why I'm here at work... nevermind.
          Last edited by mike343sharpstick; October 19, 2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

One of the tough parts of business is that it's hard to know when you've just shot the Golden Goose. And eaten it. Has HRM made whatever money it has made in the past couple of years BECAUSE of the David/Rob team or can it make just as much with only one of them. I guess we'll all find out.

Two tough stories here - Rob needs a job and David is going to have to work his tail off to make up the difference. Jimmy needs his Dad around and if the mag is sucking up all his time something has to give. I know HRM has Bill (who is no Spring Chicken) and Mike and some others from time to time, but you know the big load will fall on David.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; October 19, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              Rob said on his facebook page that HRM was bleeding cash. I guess he was the one blamed. Sean Haggai got let go from CHP on the same day, as well as other editors from other mags. I have friends who work for many of the mags and I worry about them.
              This does not bode well. Source Interlink has already played the bankruptcy card. And HRM is a household name that still has nearly 600,000 subscribers. But until they figure out a way to monitize the web and boost advertising revenue, they've got a problem.

Comment

I respectfully disagree

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                anything in print is dead...
                people are stupid..
                first you had t.v. that was free, but with the promise of better, we now have a cable bill..
                them they tried that with radio.. worked for awhile then went flat, but they reworked it so you need a new tuner for the hd channels..

see where this is going, print media, when it goes,, the better,fast media will not be free..
                no matter what anyone says..
                remember cable you payed for so you didn't have to deal with ad's.. remember that..
                and mtv was a music channel..
                I had a good post in response to Beagle @ #27, but somehow the forum ate it. So I'll post the ten-second summary:

There are still some things that Bangshifters will pay for IN PRINT. The trouble with HRM is that it just doesn't publish enough of those things anymore. (I had a lot of examples in the lost post)

Markets drive the cost of information. CATV and broadcasting are not good analogies because both are limited by spectrum space (cable less so than OTA broadcasting) and enormous start-up costs. In contrast, anybody with a big ego, a few resources (knowledge, a camera, and access to sources/events) and an internet connection can go into the automotive journalism business. But that doesn't mean there's not a market for print, especially for things that are too big, difficult, or costly for the "new media" to do.

Good, unique, trustworthy information still sells, even if in print. And it always will.
                Last edited by 38P; October 19, 2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

for some reason when i get my issue in the mail, i thumb thru it first before I actually read it, something that caught my eye in the back was an Ad from a company called AIM on mustang II type front suspension and air suspension stuff. AIM has built a reputation among the people in the adujustable suspension world that is less than favorable. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that ad
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

he can join 30 million other hard working Americans on the unemployment line

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                      I had a good post in response to Beagle @ #27, but somehow the forum ate it. So I'll post the ten-second summary:

There are still some things that Bangshifters will pay for IN PRINT. The trouble with HRM is that it just doesn't publish enough of those things anymore. (I had a lot of examples in the lost post)

Markets drive the cost of information. CATV and broadcasting are not good analogies because both are limited by spectrum space (cable less so than OTA broadcasting) and enormous start-up costs. In contrast, anybody with a big ego, a few resources (knowledge, a camera, and access to sources/events) and an internet connection can go into the automotive journalism business. But that doesn't mean there's not a market for print, especially for things that are too big, difficult, or costly for the "new media" to do.

Good, unique, trustworthy information still sells, even if in print. And it always will.
                      HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT 9 OUT OF 10 PEOPLE SEE H/R for what it is, a book of ad's.. nothing more.. look at when d/f started, the classic photo of him in a junkyard on top of a mountain of engines, and a listing of piston/rod compos that made your head spin..
                      today that not fly.. the mag is dead.. and d/f can't save it.. they need to make h/r and c/c bi monthly.. with a balance of stories(ad's) and the poor man junk yard tech.. real info... cause the days of a story of so n so's new part is old news by the time they print it.. and it hits newsstands.. tech is where it's at, as thats something that you'd keep.... a book of ad's and dyno pulls at westtech with parts that very few in this economy can afford, does nothing..

Comment

From Indy Cars to fashion and publishing.....Mark has it handled.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          From Indy Cars to fashion and publishing.....Mark has it handled.
                          nope,, just opinions..

and come on. you know a tee with that bug eyed monster in a car shifter handle broken off, with bangshift under it. would be bitch'n..
                          Last edited by Stich496; October 19, 2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

my 5 minute try.. at fashion, bri

some think like THIS I'd sport
                            maybe with the logo where the cruise'n usa is
                            Last edited by Stich496; October 19, 2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

how could a net only magazine possibly make money ?

I know .......sell car features like advertising

Comment

i like that idea
                                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                                X