Where's Rob Kinnan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Rob said on his facebook page that HRM was bleeding cash. I guess he was the one blamed. Sean Haggai got let go from CHP on the same day, as well as other editors from other mags. I have friends who work for many of the mags and I worry about them.
    Scott, could you reach out to Rob on F/book (I am not a member) and ask him for some cameo posts here like Steve Dulich & Johnny Hunkins. I am not asking for rants on HRM/Primedia but to add more color to the junkie opinions that pop up here.
    nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

The magazines are entertainment, they don't need to change the world.
      Some of those guys are good writers... Read enough books/magazines/newspapers, and you realize that not just anyone can write a good story.
      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
      1997 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]5602[/ATTACH]

my 5 minute try.. at fashion, bri

some think like THIS I'd sport
        maybe with the logo where the cruise'n usa is
        Lovely. That shirt perfectly depicts the average Chevelle owner . . . . (Jeff "LS CAMARO CRAFT" Smith really wears a human mask to cover up his green skin and buggy eyes when he appears in CC)

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
          how could a net only magazine possibly make money ?

I know .......sell car features like advertising
          Vanity publishing for showoff gearheads with deep pockets . . . . Isn't that the ricer books' business model already?

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
            Scott, could you reach out to Rob on F/book (I am not a member) and ask him for some cameo posts here like Steve Dulich & Johnny Hunkins. I am not asking for rants on HRM/Primedia but to add more color to the junkie opinions that pop up here.
            Isn't that sort of like asking an unemployed stripper to dance for free around a pole in your garage?

Besides, I want to see some bitter, unhinged, soul-bearing, flame-throwing, bridges-burning, nuclear-tipped, uncover-the-hidden-bodies rants from Kinnan about the slags at Source Interlink . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
              The magazines are entertainment, they don't need to change the world.
              Some of those guys are good writers... Read enough books/magazines/newspapers, and you realize that not just anyone can write a good story.
              That's the sort of attitude that's led to the present malaise. To paraphrase Dewey Finn (Jack Black) from "School of Rock" . . . " One great car mag can change the world!"

Comment

when hot rod deluxe is far better than the flagship hot rod you got issues

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                  That's the sort of attitude that's led to the present malaise. To paraphrase Dewey Finn (Jack Black) from "School of Rock" . . . " One great car mag can change the world!"
                  My attitude causes a malaise, or the attitude of the authors?
                  I'm stating that I enjoy a well read, well written story, which you don't always get from random internet posts. Nor do you always get it from less talented print writers.

Tech tip: try the "+ button
                  Last edited by Teddyzee; October 20, 2011, 09:48 AM.
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

Speedzzter, you are a BAD MAN

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                    Isn't that sort of like asking an unemployed stripper to dance for free around a pole in your garage?

Besides, I want to see some bitter, unhinged, soul-bearing, flame-throwing, bridges-burning, nuclear-tipped, uncover-the-hidden-bodies rants from Kinnan about the slags at Source Interlink . . . .
                    nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

add TONY DEFEO and the BRUNT BROS to the staff

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
                        My attitude causes a malaise, or the attitude of the authors?
                        I'm stating that I enjoy a well read, well written story, which you don't always get from random internet posts. Nor do you always get it from less talented print writers.

Tech tip: try the "+ button
                        No, Dude. The attitude I was commenting on was "[Car mags]don't need to change the world."

I fully agree that excellent automotive writing is fairly scarce these days. Nowadays, using lots of small advertisers' words and being a snarky wiseguy or a sycophant passes for automotive journalism. The greats, such as Ken Purdy, Tom McCahill, and Roger Huntington, would all gag at the unmitigated crap some scribes are selling now.

And as for the internet . . . it's generally about as literary at transcribing CB chatter down at a Flying J truck stop.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          add TONY DEFEO and the BRUNT BROS to the staff
                          Yeah, they took Cars Illustrated to the top of the sales charts . . . .

(actually, I LOVE Mopar Action for its Manhattan-meets-Jersey-ghetto-street-racer swagger)

Comment

cars illustrated was anti establishment

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                              I asked. He said sure.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This thread really isn't going anywhere other than senseless drivel and banter. Rob is a good guy and I don't see him bashing anyone or anything anytime soon. He doesn't burn bridges and if Hot Rod was to ask him to return sometime in the future, I think he would consider it. He is a fair, decent and rational fellow who also happens to dig the hell out of cars.

Ron
                                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                                X