No announcement yet.

Where's Rob Kinnan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob is truly the man. No bullshit, we were checking into one of the hotels on Drag Week 2005. I was winging it and was in front of him in line. The lady said the place was booked. I had spoken to Rob for a grand total of like 10 minutes in my life and he immediately said, "Crash in my room."

He's been a friend ever since. I spent a week on his couch a few years ago after DF went to do CJTV and he was going to be steering the ship. Helped digging stuff out of the archives, participated in a neat brain storming meeting for stories and ultimately participated in the Road Thrash story which remains one of the coolest days of my automotive existence.

I owe the dude A LOT!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Cool. Stand up guy.

I gotta wonder... with what he has on his resume, is he going to hunt for something laterally at some other mag, or is he gonna go for something in a totally different 'non-journalism' type role?
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        This thread really isn't going anywhere other than senseless drivel and banter. Rob is a good guy and I don't see him bashing anyone or anything anytime soon. He doesn't burn bridges and if Hot Rod was to ask him to return sometime in the future, I think he would consider it. He is a fair, decent and rational fellow who also happens to dig the hell out of cars.

Ron
        never ever burn bridges, you never know what the future will bring..

Comment

Dude, it was a joke!

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
          This thread really isn't going anywhere other than senseless drivel and banter. Rob is a good guy and I don't see him bashing anyone or anything anytime soon. He doesn't burn bridges and if Hot Rod was to ask him to return sometime in the future, I think he would consider it. He is a fair, decent and rational fellow who also happens to dig the hell out of cars.

Ron
          Dude, I guess you don't like jokes.

On the other hand, if Kinnan wants to blow the lid off of big automotive media, isn't this a GREAT PLACE to do it?

Sincerely,

Dr. Sad Attn Whore from Farmville
          CEO of Keyboard Racers, Inc.
          Purveyor of senseless drivel and banter

Comment

lets see your racecar ford boy

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              Rob is truly the man. No bullshit, we were checking into one of the hotels on Drag Week 2005. I was winging it and was in front of him in line. The lady said the place was booked. I had spoken to Rob for a grand total of like 10 minutes in my life and he immediately said, "Crash in my room."

He's been a friend ever since. I spent a week on his couch a few years ago after DF went to do CJTV and he was going to be steering the ship. Helped digging stuff out of the archives, participated in a neat brain storming meeting for stories and ultimately participated in the Road Thrash story which remains one of the coolest days of my automotive existence.

I owe the dude A LOT!

Brian
              Cool tribute! It's almost like being eulogized while he's still alive . . . . (BTW, should I be feeling guilty now over the pole dancing joke?)

Comment

Speedy, I didn't know you were the CEO of that company.

It would be cool to have Rob do some stuff. We'll see what happens.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  lets see your racecar ford boy
                  Dude, didn't you get the LECTURE FROM RON WARD! NO MORE FUN. NO MORE "SENSELESS DRIVEL AND BANTER." Straighten up and fly right, Mister!

Comment

That would be cool, I had enjoyed Robs writing more than the others at HRM as it more closely matched my automotive A.D.D., um, I mean diversity, from Road-racing the Mustang, to Drag racing stuff.
                    It wold be cool to get some candid writing from someone with his vast experiences here at BS.

Comment

he could manage a western auto

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                        he could manage a western auto
                        ROTFL (BTW, Western Auto is STONE COLD DEAD (except as a phasing-out brand in Puerto Rico . . . Walmart and Pep Boys softened it up but Sears killed it . . . Advance Auto Parts bought the corpse)

Comment

Working...
                        X