No announcement yet.

To stroke or not to stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff - I wish you'd tell the guys I'm trying to sell my stroker FE crank to what yours is putting up with - these guys are acting like Eagle stuff is total garbage and I should give it away.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

RPM limited to 8300..... That makes me giggle, as if that is limited. 2300rpm more than I play with in most of mine, and 1300 more than my single digit ride turns.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Jeff - I wish you'd tell the guys I'm trying to sell my stroker FE crank to what yours is putting up with - these guys are acting like Eagle stuff is total garbage and I should give it away.
        Well, it is crap and you should give it away. To me.

Or Stiney. He'd probably use it before I would. I saw a 390 for 50.00 the other day. That, I would consider stroking and stuffing into a truck.

When you are starting with 455 inches for a street ride, I can't see the expense. I thought about it for the BBF because it is so cheap to do it if you have to do the crank anyway, but found some Ross pistons for a couple of bills and the crank in it is fine. I've got a 200.00 ebay 3.85 (387 cid with stock bore) crank for a Windsor, decent 302 forged trw's, and a block that will clean up with a dingle ball so that one seemed like a no brainer. It will end up cheaper than forged pistons for the 351. I guess it depends on what you really want. The windsor would get dressed like a 302. Most Civic guys can't tell the difference.

I'm wondering if the money saved and spent on heads would leave enough for some help getting it to hook. The last legitimate 500 hp Chevelle I was in had a hard time putting it to the ground.
        Last edited by Beagle; October 22, 2011, 07:36 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

maybe that's the good limiting factor, Beags, how much do I want to modify the car for the motor - anything more than 500 and I'll have to decide whether or not I want the car to still turn corners.
          oh and I'm going with Edelbrock heads - it would cost me at least 1200 to build the stock heads (plus a week of me breathing grinding dust) vs. 1600 for Edelbrock heads - which will flow more - is one of those false economies I've been trying to avoid.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thumper cam or no?
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              I have seen a SBF single turbo with 1200 RWHP with Eagle stuff. Just use the L19 Bolts and stretch them.

To use all the heads have got it would have over .950 lift and go to 9500.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
              X