No announcement yet.

Dude quits job with marching band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few things are more valuable than having a good relationship with your boss.

That is why I don't work for a big company.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Consensus!

Well said, Schtauffer, STINEY, TheSilverBuick & dieselgeek!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
        2x

Those with a "clock puncher's," "society owes me," "bosses suck" attitude seldom go as far in life.
        first of all, just because when I punch out, I leave my work at work doesn't mean I think "society owes me" . lets get this straight. I've worked my ass off for what I have, around the clock. and still find time to volinteer to help others, ..
        sorry buddy, most bosses suck.. I've had a few nice ones that knew the industry.. and I've had a lot of clueless paper pushers..
        after 23 years at the same place I've seen this to many times, a guy that worked off the clock, going the extra mile.. being the "company man" . and when they died, no one from management, bothered to go to the wake,the funeral or do anything but mail the last check to the last known address.. these are people they bent over backwards to help.. totally blowing off the family, and any respect.. they just don't care..
        my boss now is a very nice guy. and knows the industry.. and it's great.. the higher ups walk all over him.. my other job.. the boss is very nice but no clue about auto parts/shops/grages/ none of it.. nice guy but.. shouldn't be a boss.. but because middle management want brown nose yes men ..

I'll bet speedo is one of the jackwagons that on a holiday is at the door before it opens barking that ,they should open the door early because he's there and couldn't get his BBQ crap before the holiday..
        I've seen this type before, everyone else is a slacker.. because they want/have a life outside of their job.. and because their job IS their life.. they'll work for free.. off the clock.. as the boss laughs at you behind your back..
        I'll stick with being known as a hard worker that knows his stuff, will stay when needed, and has the balls to tell the management how it is, even if it's not what they want to hear, but what they NEED to hear..but once I punch out and walk through that door, work stays on the otherside untill the next work day..
        if that makes me a slacker so be it.. I did the company man, at their becking call 24/7 for years.. it didn't help.. the low life ass kissers , yes men got the better gigs..
        I have pride.. and sorry god gave me a gift called a working brain.. it take no brains to yes management to death.. it takes no character either..
        in todays corporate world.. you have to look out for #1 cause they sure as hell are..

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          His exact words were "Guys what is this?" "Guys, all of you out, right now."

Not yelling, not "GET OUT", not being a dick at all. The dude is doing his job, same as you or me. The screw-off punk with his band of merry fellow screw-offs were in an unauthorized area for non-employees, and apparently making ready to disturb the paying customers.

What would you have thought if staying or dining in that establishment and heard the ruckuss that ensued? Would you have been a happy patron?

Or would you have lodged a complaint for the non-professional, out-of-control behavior of the employees?

Most people these days are just as narcissistic as the punk, and would complain. The companies know this, and hire people who can
          handle such situations. The people capable of handling such situations are inevitably known as "dicks", "bitches" or worse.

Its just life man.
          company man
          the punk has self respect , the boss probably blew a lot of people to get where he is

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
            It's not necessary to say "please" to tresspassers in a non-public area.

When I worked hotel security in grad school long ago, we always said "Get out or we'll have you arrested for trespassing." It was a standing order. A Mag-Light applied with skill can be very convincing. (Think: "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian") I only had to put one punk down for 5.0. He was a shirtless hop-head who actually wanted to go to jail because it was freezing outside. Nice little foot chase before tackling him in the banquet area. Of course, the hotel refused to press charges against him the next day.
            ever hear of the term , the customer is always right ? everybody on the property is a customer

go back to auto vato zone

Comment

Taking the video for face value, I thought it was pretty damned funny.

That being said, anyone who has had a management job has had to fire someone or has had people quit. I have been managing people for 10 years now, starting when I was 22 and 100% clueless about what I was doing. I got one piece of advice from a company higher up that basically patted me on the back, handed me the keys to a building and said, "Have at it, kid!" He just said, "Treat everyone the same, document everything, and never put yourself into a position of making a deal with the devil."

It is not simple to do, and certainly I have not been perfect, but those three things pretty much head off a situation like someone coming back with a band to quit in your face. I go back to that conversation a couple times a week. I think it will keep me band free for years to come. As an aside, I have had the lowest voluntary termination rate at one time or another for both companies I have been employed by.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
              X