School Paper Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Paper Info.

Im doing a paper on how they want to outlaw hot rodding and how its a big discussion in the hot rodding world and i wanted to get some links of the sites. i have the main write up that hot rod did back in december "Can they Outlaw Hot Rodding". if i remember correctly there was one they bangshift posted about a politician in arizona or arkansas that wanted to make hot rodding illegal
    so please help
    thank you
    -evan
    The youngest guy on the board
    76 vega
    86 fiero

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=information+on+...g+hot+rod+cars+
    sigpic

Comment

Here's a good site for your research Evan.....

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

can u do that for planting a money tree

Comment

This is a tricky thing to research. Most writing done on this topic is biased - that is, from someone pushing a particular point of view. Of course, most writing done on almost ANY topic suffers from that disease.

The truth, as usual, lies somewhere between the two extremes. You'll find some who think the Gov is out to ban hot rodding and some from the safety, environmental, and public welfare community who think hot rodding MUST be banished. My experience at EPA was that the Agency really didn't acknowledge the sport at all, which I think is worse than opposing it.

Trying to find the truth is probably good practice for you to serve jury duty. The trick for the jury is to take all the info that is presented and then decide what REALLY happened. Same deal here. Gather as much as you can and look for where the truth lies.

SEMA/SANE is a pretty good resource and is usually fairly unbiased. Good place to start.

Dan

Comment

Banning hot rodding is a fairy tale.........

In order for them to do it, they would be putting Millions of people out of jobs, because with no hot rodding, there would be no use for aftermarket parts companies and the performance shops that build the cars.......The industry is to big, and that is it's saving grace........

Comment

I guess hot rodding is to big to fail now, maybe we can get a bail out.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Explain to them that Hot Rodding will end when they stop having sex. Let me rephrase that; when they stop pleasuring themselves.
                OH YEAH
                Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Oh i am, this is for a college sociology class and my teacher ask me how has hot rodding affected today's time, i stood up in the middle of class and told her off saying that hot rodding was a billion dollar movement that keeps millions of people a job and the cars today are pretty much based off of hot rodding, and i said that if she was going to disrespect me by saying hot rodding is stupid that i told her sociology was stupid. she called me out of class and thanked me for doing that because she wasnt aware of the situation and said she was sorry for disrespecting me and that was a perfectly fine topic to do it on, since then she has treated with me respect and kindness and my grade went up too
                  The youngest guy on the board
                  76 vega
                  86 fiero

Comment

Evan - I just reread your first post and you need to open your mind a bit. It sounds like you're already convinced that "they" ARE trying to outlaw hot rodding. Who are "they" and are they actually trying to outlaw it? You have to question the assumptions to write a good paper.

If CARB is "them" you may have a point. I know EPA is not trying to end hot rodding and, in fact, legislation of that type is up to the states (hence the issue with CARB). As far as the safety folks - I have no clue. Will NHTSA require air bags on all 4 corners of your Deuce? - worth looking into. (BTW - don't copy my punctuation as I made up this system with " - " and lots of (.....))

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; October 21, 2011, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Evan - I. I know EPA is not trying to end hot rodding and, in fact, legislation of that type is up to the states (hence the issue with CARB). As far as the safety folks - I have no clue. Will NHTSA require air bags on all 4 corners of your Deuce? - worth looking into. (BTW - don't copy my punctuation as I made up this system with " - " and lots of (.....))

Dan
                      not to hyjack but.. the epa might not be out to end hot rodding directly, but they put up some really big unlogical walls..
                      case in point. my 82 crossfire injected t/a, that was my street car.. the new engine with projection efi/ true duals and 2 cats , was as cleaner than a 1999 t/a in all tested gases, way cleaner than the 82 set up.. or that years limits..
                      but by the EPA rules they had to fail the car, no sticker, no tages no driving on the street,, that forced that car into track only use..
                      so ya directly they might not ,but in reality they are..
                      and as far as it being up to the states, not true, unless you call holding fed. funes for roads and bridges hostage if they choose to not follow the epas rules.. being up to the states.. I don't.. any other group that be called blackmail

Comment

Working...
                      X