The Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post

nurses... they also have the market cornered on senses of humor that border on clinical insanity.
    Tell me about it, I dated one for a while. Holy crap was she effed up in the head...
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Please note this is not even my best. That's all I'm gonna say...

Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Haley - after shooting with you guys in Vegas - no freakin way I'm messin with ya!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          Dude - you have a career waiting as a comedian, freaking hilarious.

I find it heroically ironic that so many nurses smoke - that is something I will never ever understand, they also have the market cornered on senses of humor that border on clinical insanity.
          Nurses are some of the most unhealthy, refusing to go to the doc or hospital SOB's you will find.They know what they do in those places and don't want any part of it. The odd sense of humor comes with the job. Have to have a way to cope with the absurdity of what they do.

I'm convinced many in nursing were "damaged" goods way before they became a nurse.

Next time you deal with a nurse ask them if they know what pillow therapy is.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
            I'm convinced many in nursing were "damaged" goods way before they became a nurse.

Next time you deal with a nurse ask them if they know what pillow therapy is.
            I'm convinced you are right Sean. Who else would want to do that job anyways? (present company excluded of course!)

Special treatment for special patients!
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

My youngest daughter will be a nurse in a couple of months. She's in her early 40s and this is a career change for her. She'll take the skills to Canada where her new husband lives so America will miss out on her abilities. Is she warped - possibly. But aren't we all?

Dan

Comment

My stepmother is an LPN, prior to that she was an Army Nurse. Any clues as to where I get it from?
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

There is no reason on this green earth a glidescope should be in an ER.

Should be permanently stationed two floors up in Endoscopy.

Sounds like that crew of nurses plays sicko-mess-with-'em on a regular basis.

Glad to hear your toe is mending and your butt doesn't have to!
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

AAAAGH....I know the pain.

Ingrown toeclaws just aren't any fun...had both big-un's yanked with what looked to be the fanciest Channel-Locks I've seen when I was a kid. They kept hitting'em with the numbing agent......7 shots in each, and STILL felt every bit of the pain.

I've had broken bones,concussions, 3rd-degree burns and severe lacerations.....but ingrown claws and toothaches flat lay me OUT.

Hope recovery goes well...LOL

....smoke

Comment

Smoke, it wasn't so much the ingrown (I've had one before) but it was the way it grew back after shattering that toe earlier this year...the toe kinked to the left but the nail kept growing straight. It was cutting new, unworked flesh every time I stepped down.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Good thing you went to the farrier instead of the vet. You KNOW what vets do when you go lame.......

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X