Man in 69 Charger survives horrible accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I see a good........ well there is a ......... maybe the......
    I think the left taillight is still good, but I think that's it. The story I read was it was t-boned by a dually doing 70.

Comment

nasty hit.
      I don't like the double link avoiding the original, and furthermore the ops link and the article is trying to claim lack of safe.
      the guy who robbed the forums thread to blog narcissistically should meet the same fate in his airbagedd ricer and get back to us on whet modern safe is.

anyway.. real link here:

dodgecharger forum

one of my dads friends survived head on 100..(verified after outrunning police) stupid of course, and drunk. 100 to 0 in zero feet.
      the big old dodge wrapped upward like slinky.
      ..guy was conscious through whole ordeal. cut him out of the car.
      bolts and hip replacements, still alive.

I don't recall a toyota airbagged doing the same.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 21, 2011, 04:58 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Looks like a couple lugnuts survived.

**edit** And an exhaust clamp.
        Last edited by Caveman Tony; October 21, 2011, 06:01 PM.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Glad he's OK, but that hurts me just looking at it. Poor Charger, she did her job though.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Mothers and a little elbow grease and voila done ?
            Danny/Zachary
            HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              Now how does something like that happen in your driveway?

Only one way... Gotta be the UPS guy...
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

saw this video, thought of this thread.

I have wrecked in big and small..

the most horrifying to witness since trucking as a little boy in the late 70s onward was the hondas defying logic of speed and what metal actually surrounds them. The very first of crazy front sideways engine..

if to battle this with facts.. it would not take long to kick the midgets off the road like an atv.

Arguing air bag and claiming extraterrestrial titanium unibody is not going to cut it.

that big old dodge was thinking of nascar. Step up with a modern anything and claim the same.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                  Hope this is not a repost, if it is I'll delete it ..

My 1st thought , when I read what happened was LOHNES !!!

Old muscle cars are awesome, though not exactly safe. Judging from the pictures of this Charger, you'd have guessed somebody died in this wreck. But the driver lived to tell the story...and is already thinking about buying a replacement Charger.

MG]http://2475-streetlegaltv.voxcdn.com/files/2011/09/296692_2444968287331_1345614852_2855120_608240186_ n.jpg[/IMG]
                  Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry 2011

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

the most horrifying to witness since trucking as a little boy in the late 70s onward was the hondas defying logic of speed and what metal actually surrounds them. The very first of crazy front sideways engine..

if to battle this with facts.. it would not take long to kick the midgets off the road like an atv.

Arguing air bag and claiming extraterrestrial titanium unibody is not going to cut it.

that big old dodge was thinking of nascar. Step up with a modern anything and claim the same.
                    I've had my share driving a 70,000 lb 80+ foot long rig. What is it with little cars and their do or die attitude of trying to get around?
                    And why do they feel the need to hit the brakes as soon as they do get around?
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

nasty hit.
                      I don't like the double link avoiding the original, and furthermore the ops link and the article is trying to claim lack of safe.
                      the guy who robbed the forums thread to blog narcissistically should meet the same fate in his airbagedd ricer and get back to us on whet modern safe is.
                      Agreed!
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Man it's impossible to understand what you're saying but if it's anything like "big old cars are safer than new small cars" - bullshit. Haiku aside, facts support that cars with modern safety equipment kick the everloving shit out of older cars. Just ask any cops that have been working accident scenes over the past 30 years.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                        X