Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting the house ready for winter!!! fun fun!! anyone else????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the house ready for winter!!! fun fun!! anyone else????

need a back porch, need to fix the front porch, insulate, block foundation vents.. ect ect ect...........
    hope i get to do some car stuff soon im gonna crack!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

what is this "winter" that you speak of?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ahh, the joys of home ownership Cobey - it's great until something breaks or needs repaired isn't it ?
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yup. Gotta flip the switch on the thermostat from "cool" to "heat". What a pain in the rear.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          Ahh, the joys of home ownership Cobey - it's great until something breaks or needs repaired isn't it ?
          yep I dont even want to think about the basement I need about a truck full of concrete
          some times i just have to walk away from the mess, Ive been under the house since i made this post. oh well ill be glad when its done!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            what is this "winter" that you speak of?
            kind of a cold sucky time in Kansas Joe probly better where you are !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
              Yup. Gotta flip the switch on the thermostat from "cool" to "heat". What a pain in the rear.
              that would be cool!!!!

Comment

Oil bills REALLY SUCK !!!!!!!!!

Comment

so does electric bills!!!!!!! never had oil heat, well im going back at it again I guess

Comment

couple of storm windows to put in, bikes to put away. other than that, i am pretty much ready for snow to fly.

Comment

wood split and stacked, new to me splitter has a new tire and may need a new engine.... don't need it right away.

Ski boat needs to get on the trailer and winterized, pontoon moved into the lift, cleaned, covered, winterized.

Putting in a back up generator and new service panel to replace the decrepit panel we've been limping a long 7 years now, then to finishing the basement sometime this winter.

It never ends. You just have to try to prioritize, plan, budget, and do your best.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I just turn the T-stat up a bit .. *shrugs his shoulders*
                        sigpic

Comment

Kerri is starting a home daycare business so we have been doing a bunch of stuff to get ourselves ready for the inspection by the state. The biggest project is tomorrow. In order to have a swing set, the thing needs to be set in an area filled with playground sand 9 inches deep. Sooooo...I am going to be building a 26' by 26' box with RR ties and moving roughly 20 yards of sand by hand.

Just saying it sucks. HA!
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian,just search Craigslist for a dump truck.Pay for itself in no time.

Comment

Happily, the area the sand is going is inside a fenced area.
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X