'69 Yenko Chevelle... wait, what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '69 Yenko Chevelle... wait, what?

As some of you may or may not know, my 66 chevelle is now somewhere in Russia (In soviet Russia, transmission fluid soaked by YOU!). Thought we were waiting a year or so before looking, but Friday I get a text message with these...

Apparently Dad went and took a look at this- 69 Chevelle, currently a 502/TH400 combo. Now heres the Yenko part-

its widely accepted that there were 99 Yenko Chevelles in 69. Sources say that he wanted an even 100, but ended up with 99. The owners story is that this was supposed to be number 100, but wa never delivered- says its the next vin in the sequence, but i ahvent found anywhere with the numbers listed- or if they were even sequential. Apparently he tried to get verification on this, but all he got was an offer to buy the car off him(apparently it wasn enough!). Is there any way to confirm this, or any information that does suggest there was supposed to be a 100th Yenko? This reminds me of the lost SA10 #7- except that one was known to actually exist.

Either way its something we're somewhat interested in= Yenko or not, its not a bad price for a frame-off'd car.
    Local person
    sigpic

well, it wouldnt have an ss396 grille, but there are no fender emblems so that part would be correct
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

it's easy to fake that though. just don't put them on after the resto

i say go in thinking it's bogus becuase it probably just the guy trying to get more out of it
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
        it's easy to fake that though. just don't put them on after the resto

i say go in thinking it's bogus becuase it probably just the guy trying to get more out of it

post it at team and watch then rip it apart..
        nice car, but even if it is the next car that was on a list to get the treatment, it didn't. so that fact or lie is moot..
        I'm guess'n he's got the paperwork that it was sold there, yes..

it's a nice big block velle, if it even started as a big block

Comment

nice car, not sure I'd pay a premium for it based on the argument "he liked round numbers."
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Even if it was slated to be #100 .... does that make it more valuable?

I don't think so .... just another chevelle.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
              Even if it was slated to be #100 .... does that make it more valuable?

I don't think so .... just another chevelle.
              true.... less so to me because then I'd have to preserve history rather than burn the tires off it
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd have a lot of trouble believing the VINs would be sequential on the real cars.....the production lines didn't work that way.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  I'd have a lot of trouble believing the VINs would be sequential on the real cars.....the production lines didn't work that way.
                  I always figured it was like the SVT vehicles- just picked off the production line at a certain point

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  nice car, not sure I'd pay a premium for it based on the argument "he liked round numbers."
                  No premium- asking price is close to what frame off'd 69's are going for. Hell, for Yenko chevelle prices, I would go for a original 69judge. Be cool if it was somehow true, but why stare at it when you can drive it? I have to double check if its an original SS car, but if it is the engine is long gone.
                  Local person
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X