tulsas last pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tulsas last pass

our local forum duckuscrapus.com has a picnic every year,,they rent the track and the members get to race and play all day . this is the last event on the calander for tulsa ..
    we had a ton of cars show up ,,gene carter a local hero of sorts,,hes 80 years old,, still races on a normal basis... 58 vette. runs solid 10s.,,, the guy can cut a light like no other,,gene raced at tulsa on the first day it was open,, so it was only fitting that he got to make the last pass..everyone got to race as much as we could stand.. they even had some old style flag drop racing,, on my last pass i finally ran a 11:99 @113 mph....
    it was a great day for us... we still have hope that we will have a track next season...if not at least we got to enjoy the last pass...

The information I have heard is , that TRP has a new lease and it will be open in 2012..

Now, this may be incorrect but, so they tell me ..
    sigpic

Comment

I saw a bunch of pics on the duck forum, looks like you guys were having a blast! Hope the track can stay open a little longer....

Any video of your 11 second run? and what'd you do to get there....did you take out the bitch seat or something? ;)
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

the rumor mill is on full tilt.... heard everything from 3 years to 5 or maybe a self storage place... at this point i just hope we can race... i dont think anyone filmed it... odd thing is i didnt do anything to the car,,set the timing and went 12.15 then 12:23 then 11:99 ....it was all over the place......on the last run i didnt stall it up.. went alittle off idle....still has a flat spot..

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
          the rumor mill is on full tilt.... heard everything from 3 years to 5 or maybe a self storage place... at this point i just hope we can race... i dont think anyone filmed it... odd thing is i didnt do anything to the car,,set the timing and went 12.15 then 12:23 then 11:99 ....it was all over the place......on the last run i didnt stall it up.. went alittle off idle....still has a flat spot..
          sweet!!! its always cool to get the next mile stones 12'S to 11's
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Hey Mike, congrats. on your 11 sec. pass. I looked through all the pics. posted on the duck, looked like a great time. Sounds like you never found a 750 d/p to try, maybe some more left in it. Either way thats a whole lot of car to get down into the 11's with a sbc.

Jason
            2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
            2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
            all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Working...
            X