Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had to bid my car goodbye for the winter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to bid my car goodbye for the winter...

The only thing I hate more than the cold is not having my car because of NY's obsession with layering the road with inches of salt. So I had to put it up for the winter but we did our last cruise this weekend and it was a bunch of fun. I brought the gopro and the camera trying to get some good stuff but luck wasn't on my side. We had a very fun ride home on the long country roads but unfortunately the gopro didn't record any of that I also found out that my EBC sport brakes are worthess in the last stint of the cruise. They got extremely hot and fadded in one use granted it was a 120mph decrease in speed that I was requesting out of them but I had more than enough room and the other cars I was with didn't seem to have a brake heat problem when they did the same... So I tried to make something out of nothing with the videos that got taken. Enjoy!

Ya mine got put away this weekend as well going to college 3 hours aways from home i need a car that wont sit and spin its tiers (and itself) in protest if it see's snow
    GF:Did you motor blow up?
    Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Haha yeah I don't think the goat would like to play in the snow either :-P

Comment

So crazy.....you guys are putting them up and I'm getting mine ready for the track.......One of the perks for living in sunny Arizona!!!!!

Comment

Well TC we should trade places for a year just so you can know the joy just leave the keys in the car ill fill it when im done dont worry ;)
          GF:Did you motor blow up?
          Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Yeah, it's getting close to that time of year again. I changed the oil in it and had to take it for a spin because it was so nice out last weekend. I have a lot of stuff that I wanted to do to it but have been putting it off until this winter.
            I don't mind the winter time, it's the perfict time to work on your ride.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Granted we don't use salt that much around here anymore .... some crap they call mag chloride now .... but I keep driving mine thru the winter. I won't take it out if the roads are snow packed though .... don't want some moron sliding into me!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Getting ready to put the truck away too. I've got to change the oil, wash and wax and then under the cover she goes.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

@A/Fuel It's a good time to work if you don't mind the cold. We used to have kerosene heaters but they made me sick.

@Bamfster Your town uses the fancy salt :-P Just be glad its not as shitty as rock salt! I don't blame you people don't have a strong grasp on driving on pavement let alone wet pavement or even snowy pavement.

@Blulightning haha gunna tuck her in before hibernation? I have to do all yet, I had to give it up early because the parents sold their car near by and needed a 2hour ride home.

Comment

I dont park the 98 Formula until it snows and the snow stays, because it will be late April before I get the chance to drive anything fun once I do. Weather is still in the 40s here, so there is no way in hell I am going to cut short my summer, since 50F is a warm summer day here. Some years the snow doesnt come until late December, other years its already here in October. Looks like this winter will have lots of snow, we been having lake effect rain for two weeks now. I wont even get to see my cars until spring, they will be buried.

Comment

Cold weather is one of the reasons I moved to Florida over 20 years ago. I got tired of looking out the front window of my home at snow covering my property for 4 months every year. The thought of paying over $5,000 a year in property tax and then not be able to use my property just got old fast.

It's hot in Florida in the summer but being able to use your property 12 months a year and having property tax under $3,000 bucks works for me.
                      Jimbo

Comment

1 down, 1 to go. the lemans went away last weekend, the gto probably too soon. hoping to get the cam in to the gto before it goes away. would love to drive it for a bit longer yet. no snow in the forcast, the car stays out. as soon as they start talking snow it will go away to sleep for the at least 4-5 months.

Comment

Working...
                        X