No announcement yet.

Bitchin or bogus shootout: Patina or "earl scheib?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always loved cars with patina...even 30 years ago..so when i drive my Chevelle,i care less about what others think.

But i may do something with it one day..i have plans.

Comment

@Thumpin455

I'd possibly be "in" for that "Big M" Mercury . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
        @Thumpin455

I'd possibly be "in" for that "Big M" Mercury . . . .
        He wants it gone, its the same guy who had the Tempest I eviscerated in the woods. Not in too bad of shape really, but compared to a California car, its in bad shape..

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
        67 Cougar.... the things I would do...
        Ah things I did... Almost everything. Still needs more, but the GTO project has been the priority of late. Its the only car of mine to get ink.

Comment

Ive developed a soft spot for those gen-1 cougars. friend of mine has a 69/70. 69 body, but the 70 grill/hood. recently got painted '05 ford legend lime. Looks great with the black top/interior. actually took 3rd place at carlisle this year!
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
            Cant fake patina like this...

oh yes you can, spray new paint dry (to fast of a reducer for the air temp and to far from the panel.. when spray'n, then sand the high points of the body lines

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
              Cant fake it like this either... not that you would want to.

Barn find! Knew where it was for 20 years though. Should I have left it like this?

How about these? They are all for sale, but would take someone like me (more time than brains) to build them, even leaving the detritus of many years.

What should I do with this one? Repaint it or just drop it in the weeds and stuff either the 400sbc or an LSx in it for towing?

Those would be better off left for dead, buy the whole place and give tours and info on how not to let cars rot

Comment

You can't duplicate original moss. It's the last word in cool.
                -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                X