Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33-Year-Old Corvette With 13 Miles On It For Sale In Plymouth

Did I get tree'd on this too?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

“The car had everything original, even the battery, and it fired right up."

bullshit....
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Perfect light, Joe!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Is it wrong of me to want to cut it up and turn it into a ProStreet car?
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          Is it wrong of me to want to cut it up and turn it into a ProStreet car?
          Not in my mind...
          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Kind of offsets the Million Mile Honda, no?

Dan

Comment

this is why corvette people suck, another car that should've been driven, sat, and now will never ever get used, it's go trailor to trailor owner to block to owner.. what a waste,

there is a 10th anv. t/a with like 8 miles on it.. if I had the money I'd buy it and drive the friggin wheels off it..
              Last edited by Stich496; October 24, 2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

i want to buy drive it cross country and change the intake and heads and sell the originals just to prove a point and piss people off

my grandpa i think is the only vette guy that drives his. it;s only a 1979 covrvette L82 but he drives it and enjoys it. has 79,000 last i checked
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Boogie Nights 2, Return of Dork Diggler's Disco Vette

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevrolet-corvette-1968-1972-and-boogie-nights-gallery.png
Views:	1
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	858165

Comment

Too bad that pig is so slow it would take about 5 minutes to accelerate to a speed where the dust would blow off.

Comment

in stillwell okla,the chevy dealer had 2 of those vettes on the show room... his son took one out for a spin one night.. the other never moved....it was there a few years ago.... the placed closed never heard what happened to the car...

Comment

I don't see any reason to slam these cars, they are really pretty cool. So, the stock 350 was a little soft; BFD the engine is a small block Chevy. You can dump in whatever you want as easy as can be. In 1978 it was just about as good as it could get given the state of the art in MoTown and the regulations of the era. Almost as quick as a D100 Dodge with a 360 (quickest quarter mile time for a domestic in 1978), and pretty close to a 440 Monaco four door cop car (fastest car in top speed for 1978). I like the C3 a lot more than the C2 for driving; to me it just feels a lot more "right" behind the wheel. The upright position in the C2 feels downright primitive in comparison, like perching on a log in a CJ2A Jeep. The 70's Chevrolet Corvette ranks as perhaps some of the greatest automobiles ever produced in the USA.
                        -dulcich
                        Last edited by dulcich; October 24, 2011, 07:14 PM.

Comment

No doubt that the black and silver paint scheme on these is handsome (Like the Hurst Olds a few years later), so the stocker exterior should stay, but the motor should get a little wake up call.

A solid axle and some 275 drag radials on the back would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                            Too bad that pig is so slow it would take about 5 minutes to accelerate to a speed where the dust would blow off.
                            I would not even use the block, cam, or heads..

intake, distributor, the mounts for accessories... all good.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                              No doubt that the black and silver paint scheme on these is handsome (Like the Hurst Olds a few years later), so the stocker exterior should stay, but the motor should get a little wake up call.

A solid axle and some 275 drag radials on the back would be good too.
                              Although I prefer the tunnel rear window of the cars prior to 1978, I agree that you could call these cars "handsome". Well chosen word there, Brian. It is so easy to add power to these cars, it isn't even an issue. I, however, being somewhat a purist, would tend to encourage keeping the IRS.

BTW, I don't want to have to start a new thread, but when in the hell are you going to let Brutus bask in its glory and pull out that ridiculous 54-inch stump?! I've already laid out the HUGE lead-up; all you have to do now is hang those 30K winches for the heroic glory.
                              -dulcich

Comment

Working...
                              X