Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a 150 mile roundtrip tonight. Came home with something I don't really need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a 150 mile roundtrip tonight. Came home with something I don't really need...

... but wanted anyway. These things ever happen to you?
    Attached Files
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

oh you needed that, you just didn't know (until you saw it) you needed it
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

is that a powerdyne?
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Everyone needs a belt driven hairdryer. Yes that happens to me all the damn time. Its how I have 40+ cars and trucks now.

Comment

Nope, never happens to me. But on a related note, does anyone have a clue why I bought a 3:71 blower case and rotors and carried them around for 10+ years?

Dan

Comment

10+ years... Sounds like quite a burden Dan. Didn't you have any place to put it down then?

The charger is a Raptor VLC. Made in Australia. Good for 10psi and/(or?) engines upto 5.8 Liters (350ci).
            I bought it because I thought my daily Dart could use a little help (from) 'down under'.
            Nice thing about it that it's watercooled and it also comes with it's internal belt cooler. I would've thought it had gears inside, but it's beltdriven for quieter operation.

I'll now have to decide to go with pull or blow-through carburation. The Dart's fuelsystem is LPG fed through it's stock tiny 2-bbl carb.
            I'm leaning to a pull-through intake system for ease of installation.
            Any tips are welcome.
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

blown fuel... and by fuel we mean propane... I don't know why that's so appealing to me, but it is.... be sure to post details as you build that
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thoughts of installing a Megasquirt-system have crossed my mind aswell lately.
                Mainly because if I go with a blow-through system, I'm loosing vacuum-advance on the ignition, and thus some mpg's aswell perhaps.
                I know mpg's might suffer slightly with this airpump installed, but I'm trying to minimise the losses as best I can.
                Currently I'm getting 16-17 mpg (highway miles) out of this motor. I would like to at least keep it above 15mpg if possible.
                Last edited by BigBlockMopar; October 27, 2011, 03:20 PM.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                X