Pet Shrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Shrine

Earlier this year, our dear beloved cat Freecklee passed away. We loved and cared for him dearly and his passing left a gap in our household. It sure did.

But this post is about humor. Freck had a great sense of humor. He really did. The things he would do, and the timing of it when he did it....yeah he DID have a sense of humor.

So, we chose to have Freck's remains cremated, which may be weird to a whole lot of people. Yes, you CAN have a pet cremated.

So his ashes are in a decorative bag. Yes, on the fireplace mantle. Okay, I can deal with it. Freck on display on the mantle, though not.

Sue Unit has been shopping though all the hundreds of photos we have of Freck to complete the ... shrine?

So here's the pic. It's Freck outside at our rental house, two houses ago, years ago. We never let him out. He was an inside cat. We let him out on a whim that evening.

Unit framed the pic of him in the flower bed and just look... (remember, humor)

Here's the pet shrine on our mantle - Look at Freck looking at his own bag of ashes asking,....WTF happened?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pet Shrine 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	878065
    Last edited by pdub; October 24, 2011, 05:09 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That is pretty funny P-Dub. I have my big old chocolate lab on my dresser in the bedroom. Didn't want to have to dig a hole big enough for him in the back yard.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Makes sense to me, though we decided to just let Beaux go. He was cremated along with some other pets and they did whatever they do with such remains. Actually, they bury them all together. Beauzer will be OK with that as he loved other dogs and especially cats if they didn't run from him in terror. Few cats GET dogs.

Dan

Comment

we lost both of our dogs within a month of each other, the 2nd was the day before we left for PT. it sucked. really sucked, but we had to just do the mass cremation and mass burial or spreading, whatever they do. when we got back from vaca, we recieved a card from the vet they sent us his paw print on a card with a little message, it was a tear jerker.

Comment

Losing pets is tough.

I suppose freeklee is running from his ashes? too soon?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

He is not running from his ashes, he is looking at the velvet bag asking WTF happened.

His ashes are still on the mantle. My original intent was to scatter them, but I can 't stand the thought of the squirrels, possums, birds, rabbits, etc. messing with them.

So, the mantle it is. We can change the picture from time to time, we have a million.

Our four legged kids are family.

Take care,
            sueunit

Comment

Frecklee was a really lucky cat!
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
              X