cross country trip in the 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross country trip in the 66

Hey guys I finally carved out the time to make the trip with my latest money pit. On the 4th of Nov I fly out to Bozeman MT and pick up my 66 chevy truck and parts truck. The drive starts on Wednesday. 1st stop Omaha to see an old freind. Then Friday/Saturday from Omaha to Maryland. I should probably be back for work on Monday so there is a day I can kill any suggestions?

I don't have any current pictures but this is what I will be driving with newer wheels and tires.

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Rule!

Keep that day open in case you need to thrash/wrench along the way!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

yeah, the last fly in drive home trip I read about on the hamb, involving a mid 60s chevy truck, included a day or two to deal with the pinion falling out of the rearend....
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What general route you taking, just so you can find any BS members that may be able to help, or meet for dinner.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

It'll be an adventure, for sure. Hope all goes well.

Dan

Comment

Pinion falling out! That"s funny cause my 1960 Apache did that, toasted a perfectly good posi.

Neal I will be taking 90 out of MT, at Souix Falls 29 south to Omaha. From Omaha 80 across Iowa to 74. 74 through Peoria to Indi. 70 through Daton/Columbus to Wheeling. 79 south out of Wheeling picking up 68 at Morgantown. 68 to 70 and home free.

I will try to post updates along the way. I will definitely take pictures.

Steve
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Montana in November -- might need that extra day for a snow day. Sounds like a great trip. If you really have time to kill there is the Speedway Museum in Indy and the Corvette factory/museum in Bowling Green, KY. Have fun!
              Last edited by JRoberts; October 27, 2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X