Term Life v/s Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term Life v/s Racing

Trying to get some term b/c I am getting a new house and I should have already done it. Told them I drag and lsr payments went from $20 a month to $150 wtf! I don't like to lie on stuff like that I die of a heart attack and they will say Drag racing caused it and not pay out.

Know where I can get resonable coverage?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

I've seen this come up a few times and not sure I ever heard a decent answer past just paying it. I'm with you, I don't like lying on stuff like that. Though I've turned down all life insurance policies outside my free federally mandated $10,000 one (if I die outside of work, and like $250,000 at work) because my assets out weigh my debts by a fair amount.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Our net worth is positive, that's not the problem its being able to keep the house, and still eat.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I guess it all comes down to a gamble. Odds are nothing will happen to you, but if it does, you'll be eating a crap sandwich.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'll look in my Grassroots Motorsports mag, if I recall there used to be a guy there that was hawking life insurance. His schtick was that he understood racing and wouldn't put the screws to racers.
          I'm still learning

Comment

you don't race every w end do you??
            it's not your livelyhood??
            they didn't need to know, just like you didn't say you hike mountains, maybe skydive, drive at rush hour, etc
            your chance of getting killed at a race is about as likely as failing out of a ferris wheel at a carnival

Comment

I've looked at more than my share of term life policies that flat out ban racing for the first x years of the policy. Its not uncommon, and I didn't even bring up racing in the application.
              I'm still learning

Comment

Good call on the life insurance. Paying for your loss for a few years can either eat your families savings or thier lifestyle. I don't know what to tell you about the increase but lying will get you nowhere if it happens. It might just be another cost of our hobby.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Hartland Insurance Group advertises in GRM, but basically for track day and race vehicle insurance. They do carry life insurance in their overall portfolio, but isn't included in the advertisement.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

I've always bought mine thru work and they never even asked these kinds of questions. I've kept it up as part of my retirement and since all my health stuff has happened I'm sure they'd love to dump me but they're stuck with me now.

You might check and see if your employer has a policy you can buy into. Most group policies have to take all comers.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X