Hot Rod is going to SEMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod is going to SEMA

Factory Five is hauling out my hot rod and a bunch of other FFR cars to the SEMA show. My car is supposed to be at the Ford Racing booth outside. My son and I will be there all week and we are super excited.

NOTHING like this has ever happend to me and even going as a spectator was only a dream. I feel weird even posting this becuase I'm just a guy that wrenches in his garage for fun and I will be way out of my element. I know my car may not be up to SEMA standards, but I think FFR wanted to bring it becuase of some of the different things I did and it can show people what can be done with one of thier kits. Hope to run into some fellow Bangshifters out there, that would be cool.

George

http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/

Congratulations - you probably don't give yourself enough credit for what you did. Have a good time, takes lots of pics and hit all the free parties you can. But don't try to keep up with Lohnes if he's drinking Jack D. I hear he's a portable sieve.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Man that it is cool! Congratulations...And in the Ford Racing display too...
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Congrats!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

TOP ELEVEN SEMA SHOW tips:

1. Don't try to see it all in one day.

2. Comfortable shoes. (Putting extra pads in your most comfortable shoes helps)

3. Get a hotel that's on the monorail or at least on the North end of the Strip (i.e. not the Tropicana, Luxor, Excalibur, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, Bellagio, any of the downtown hotels . . . .)

4. Remember you can see the outside stuff after the inside closes and before it opens, so budget your time wisely.

5. If your not at the drag strip, watching set-up can be fun (and you may be able to fake your way inside for a sneak peak if you're clever or quick enough) and the big exodus at the end is bitchin, too.

6. The new product showcase is a great place to see . . . new products.

7. Check the schedule . . . Don't miss the big OEM shows and reveals. (okay, you could skip the GMPP reveal . . . .)

8. Keep your camera always ready to grab candid shots of industry legends.

9. A monorail pass is worth the money (assuming you don't have VIP parking).

10. Spotting one of your Source Interlink publishing heros is challenging in a sea of humanity.

11. Tell everyone that you "saw it on Bangshift.com"

BONUS: Buy plenty of SEMA swag so when you're at car shows next year, people will ask if you if you've been to SEMA or (if you've got a big camera) think you're shooting cars for a magazine.

Comment

I just kick myself for not keeping myself in the industry so I could still go.... I have open comps at MGM and Mandalay Bay for a suite. I called....sure enough...I could book it that week....but NO PASSES. I think I'm going to have to get my hydrographicing going for next year so I can go.
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

best time ever is when one of my customers had his ROD ZIO 57 chevrolet at sema 99 -petersen publishing booth hot rod magazine

you will have a great time watching wandering salesmen get fingerprints all over your car

Comment

Ship stuff back that you want.The freakin airlines will bang you for the weight.

Comment

ups ground
                  or have them mail you the catalogs
                  my brother stays at the mardi gras across the parking lot from sema

Comment

Thanks for hte kind words and heads up. Two more days!
                    http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/

Comment

Thats totally bitchin your car will be there, and you too. Have a blast. Is Kinnan's car going to be at the FFR display too?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I,ll be there also, staying at the Hardrock, my first sema show...excited as a MOFO
                        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

some photos from 1992

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            some photos from 1992
                            Isn't that Danchuk's 57?
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

stan shaw from georgia

Comment

Working...
                              X