Need some input ... 66 Chevy SB truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
    Like the others said, look for rust in the cab corners floors, and cab mounts. And is it just me, or does the front end geometry look all kinds of wrong???
    when is lack of rack and pinion right?

I see he painted the rotor a little bit.

asked looking through a book what my favorite style truck was a long time ago.. it was the one similar this ad, but with stepside, and draglinks with coils.

1500 and claimed solid.. weld up the piddly corner routines and go with it.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

put some new springs in it, should be fine....

I guess it boils down to how much you mind driving around a neat old rusty truck.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Ok.... looked at last night.

Entirely too much rust in the cab, bed was replaced with one that has no rust on the exterior ....

There are a ton of the small pieces missing that would be needed to just get this thing on the road ... almost like it was started to be parted out, and whomever decided they wanted to build a rod instead.

The guy still couldn't tell me what brand or who did the suspension on it .... it looks to be all there and done right but I'm not an expert on these trucks ...

Come to find out after bouncing this thing off of a good friend, the guy that is unloading it is known for trying to "flip" junk. He buys stuff, aerosol overhauls it, and then try to double his money. Realistically after looking at it, it's only worth about $500 and he's not even interested at that price ..... I passed.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
        X