Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford reintreoduces the 1965 Mustang body

Go to:
    Ford Motor Co. will soon sell brand-new 1965 Ford Mustangs for just $15,000 each. The only hitch: There's some assembly required.

Might be old news.
    Nick

wow $15k, kinda pricy to me, even if it is brand new without rust. Still would be lots of fun, but I want a fastback not a vert.

Comment

Does Ford include an MSO with the ones they sell?
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I love mustangs, but to start with a bare shell - I'd rather have a cobra kit car for the same money.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dynacorn - same company that pops Camaros, Chevelles, Chevy trucks, etc out.

Good stuff, made in Taiwan.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

drop in fuel tank laughs

an LS1 bolts right in

Comment

A little pricey...yes but i have seen rusty 64-66 going for half the price of new "virgin" bodys. Rusty verts scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                drop in fuel tank laughs

an LS1 bolts right in
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Bob Drake is offering a 'new' '40 Ford coupe for around $15K. Reviews are pretty good. I'm not sure I could weld 'new' sheetmetal.......
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

they make a chevelle now

awesome

Comment

anyone that thinks 15k is over priced has never seen a bodyshop bill for the body work for most these cars..
                      floors, rockers, fender 1/4 door skins ect etc.. it adds up fast

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        Does Ford include an MSO with the ones they sell?
                        Echo.

That sir, is the 15,000.00 question. I don't think they can put a vin on what is kind of a body in white?
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          anyone that thinks 15k is over priced has never seen a bodyshop bill for the body work for most these cars..
                          floors, rockers, fender 1/4 door skins ect etc.. it adds up fast

Its pricy for me, but I can do the labor myself. Compared to rebuilding a severely rusted hulk at a decent shop, its quite a bit more affordable. No rust to fix, just get to smoothing, and bolting stuff on. I could rebuild a rusted out hulk cheaper, but I am not the typical gearhead.

Comment

I can see a market for them. Personally I'd like to see the cost drop to $10k or less to compete with the true rusty crap that people are selling original ones for.

I've had that thought about the Firebird shell Dynacorn sells. If I'm going to buy a Firebird and replace the whole under carriage/suspension anyways, the cost can be a push. And then the body will likely need a work over anyways (hopefully not too severe though..) so a fresh body would be nice. It's all the nickel and dime'ing that adds up in the way of wiring, glass, interior, etc that's kind of nice to have from a "used" car, though there are enough re-pop stuff out there to make a whole dang car. $10k get's me thinking, $8k would seriously get me considering a purchase.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                              they make a chevelle now

awesome
                              WOW ... I'd take one of those too!
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X