Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShifters in Kansas City, MO - Let's grab a beer on Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShifters in Kansas City, MO - Let's grab a beer on Tuesday!

So I have a four hour lay over in the KC airport. As much as drinking by myself for four hours would be fun, it would be cooler hang out with an actual person or persons. I will be in town from 2:08 until 6:06 pm. If you are a productive member of society that means you will probably be at work slaving for the man. If you want to leave early and stick it to said man, cold beer and/or a beverage of your choice awaits along with bench racing!

If anyone is game and could scoop me up at the airport, the first round is on me!

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; October 28, 2011, 01:37 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    So I have a four hour lay over in the KC airport. As much as drinking by myself for four hours would be fun, it would be cooler hang out with an actual person or persons. I will be in town from 2:08 until 6:06 pm. If you are a productive member of society that means you will probably be at work slaving for the man. If you want to leave early and stick it to said man, cold beer and/or a beverage of your choice awaits along with bench racing!

If anyone is game and could scoop me up at the airport, the first round is on me!

Brian
    Today?

Edit: DUH! I just read the subject line.... TUESDAY

Lemme see what I can do. Sounds like fun!

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Ward; October 28, 2011, 01:39 PM.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I've having flashbacks. I flew for a living for 8 years....aren't the airport bars somewhere past the security line, where you have to have a boarding pass to get through?

I'm missing something big. I'm way behind. I'm extremely delighted to say I haven't flown in about 5 years. So I'm behind.

In any case, hoist one for me. Or twelve. Or fifteen. Whatever. Whatever is incurred....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

DON'T challenge him to a drinking contest, he'll WILL WIN!!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ohhhhh I didn't read for content...."scoop me up at the airport.."

My bad. Okay. I went out to smoke in Minneapolis one time, and that was wrong. I danged near missed my next flight. Danged near.

Okay. Scoop Brian up.

Comment

Done and did....

I now have Tuesday afternoon off and will meet you at the airport. Zona Rosa is near MCI with plenty-o-watering holes.

See ya there. Call me when you touch down and let me know what terminal you are going to be in.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              Done and did....

I now have Tuesday afternoon off and will meet you at the airport. Zona Rosa is near MCI with plenty-o-watering holes.

See ya there. Call me when you touch down and let me know what terminal you are going to be in.

Ron

Wow, that is cool. Good deal. Wish I could be there. I really do wish I could.

One of these days....that would be a heap of fun in real time.

Comment

RULE!

This is great! I feel like I have helped my fellow announcer by giving him a reason to duck out on work for beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  RULE!

This is great! I feel like I have helped my fellow announcer by giving him a reason to duck out on work for beer.
                  I'm green with envy. Solid green. Yeah, that's a great deal all the way around. Dang. But for a lotta miles and a job I have to be at....Dang.

Dang. Take photos.

Comment

The KC airport . . . wasn't it that one that you used to have to go out of security and then come back in to change planes? That was major suckage when you're in a hurry. Hope they fixed it.

Comment

Dat's the way it was last time I went through there, several years ago. I'll make sure Ron returns me safely in time.

Who else wants in. Two drag race announcers at a table should make for lively discussion.

Comment

Why does the thought of that make one of those old Steve Evans "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday" radio spots come to mind? Or that terrible announcer at Lakeland in "Two-Lane Blacktop" . . . "Gotta little '55 runnin' HAAT RAAD . . . sound real strong . . . ."

Comment

I can see these two sitting at a table or bar, with a clear view of an intersection with a street light, and rather loudly announcing racing results of cars "leaving the line" and crossing the intersection.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                            I can see these two sitting at a table or bar, with a clear view of an intersection with a street light, and rather loudly announcing racing results of cars "leaving the line" and crossing the intersection.
                            Don't forget the dead bird. The electrocuted bird that fell dead in the middle of things. That'll have to come up during casual conversation over the course of a hundred beers...
                            Last edited by pdub; October 28, 2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Just wondering how many beers Lohnes will have.. I put the over/under at 5.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X