Monkeys .... errr... the continuing saga of the coolant smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkeys .... errr... the continuing saga of the coolant smell

I was told by the manager of the sales department at Lee Johnson Chevrolet that their employee mechanics shouldn't be called monkeys. But what else would you call something that's cute, yet useless? It's not prejudicial since I also call the mechanics at Bellevue Chevrolet and Kirkland GMC the same thing.

*rant reduction*

My GTO has a coolant leak/smell. It's probably the heater core. I don't want to have to change the heater core. It's a PITA. The head gaskets have been replaced, and after that little fiasco, the fluid was running down the back of the manifold. So Bellevue Monkeys pressurized the system to try to find a leak.... and it still smells of coolant when I start it... both from the exhaust and from inside the cab.

Add to all of this, there's a miss under load. After the head gasket replacement it was reduced; yet the computer is still showing miss fires under load.

GM should be happy, I fixed the rattly transmission issue with a B&M shifter (talk about a Goldberg device); and the exhaust leak with a new cat-back system....

*rant off*

- I'm not calling all mechanics monkeys, just the ones that can't seem to find their ASE with both hands
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

just the ones that can't seem to find their ASE with both hands

I took my Truck to the Chevy dealer in Salt Lake and had both axles, the transfer case, and engine oils changed, plus a transmission flushing and getting the low tire pressure readings re-calibrated. Wasn't too bad, the truck still runs! So far I'm a happy owner.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I thought the grease monkey uses the monkey wrench ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Yep, them's some fine GM products...LOL
        I'm still learning

Comment

add dye , could be a hose
          when I do LS heads , I just get new heads
          Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; October 31, 2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I thought it was the SGM attitude. I'd rather learn from the master...
            I'm still learning

Comment

gaskets WILL NOT fix warped heads..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                Yep, them's some fine GM products...LOL
                Really? was that called for Bob? I'm hurtin' here and you just have to throw bombs

Actually, it's okay, we all know the best way to get a Ford to run is to put a LS motor in it
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hey, I own a Buick and have the misfortune of having to drive a Poncho while I put the Mustang back together. I feel your pain, brother, I feel it.

After looking at the size of that Ford 3.7, I now know why folks put LSxs in Miatas (Miati?). The VVT takes up more room than an extra cylinder.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
                  X