Milner...Help! Ford Diesel issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milner...Help! Ford Diesel issues.

need someone to rebuild a set of injectors for a 03 Ford 6.0L Diesel.

Called Rosewood, they only work on 7.3's

Do you know of anyone that can handle this? I can look online all day but would like to find someone who can give a company kudo's you know?

Thanks

joe
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Shop Diesel Power Products and discover why we are the leading supplier of OEM and diesel performance parts and accessories.

Hope it helps
    Last edited by min301; November 1, 2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Joe

Bean's diesel is one of the companies that has been around for years - back when the dieselstop web page didn't suck - Ryan was on there often helpfully answering all sorts of questions.

He rebuilt the injectors in my '97 and upgraded them slightly, the first step above stock.

It looks like his web page does offer 6.0 stuff - but lordy my it's not any sort of cheap:

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

god bless, no it is not cheap! we found reman'd for about 2K...damn, this is gonna be expensive!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I bought mine off E-Bay for my 97 7.3 worked great and caught them cheap.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Call Beans on the phone and ask them about rebuilding yours - the prices may vary wildly based on condition of the existing injectors.

Beans may also have kits available to rebuild your own - I know Rosewood does for 7.3 injectors - it's tedious but can be done, I got halfway through mine and discovered they needed some machine work - so I shipped them to him to finish.

Heui injectors aint cheap that's for sure! but 7.3 is cheaper than 6.0.

Comment

What hurt them in first place? Make sure that problem is solved first.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Good point as always Scott.

I don't know much about 6.0 - but I know that there can be a lot of things wrong that aren't the injectors.

Any time anyone complains about a funny running 7.3 - I ask when they changed the oil and filter last... if they don't know - I tell them to change it and see what happens. Oil is also used as the high pressure hydraulic fluid to fire the injectors.... all sorts of drivability problems can pop up with worn out oil in a power stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  need someone to rebuild a set of injectors for a 03 Ford 6.0L Diesel.

Called Rosewood, they only work on 7.3's

Do you know of anyone that can handle this? I can look online all day but would like to find someone who can give a company kudo's you know?

Thanks

joe
                  These guys will be able to take care of it for ya......

SouthWest Diesel
                  1830 N. 27th Ave
                  Phoenix, AZ 85009
                  602-269-2471

Last edited by TC; November 1, 2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

6.0 HAD MASSIVE INJECTOR FAIL ....google it

there are class action suits and everything

Comment

early 6.0's had all sorts of injector issues, they were cleared up with a design change, the later engines were pretty good - but didn't have the "upgrade potential" of the 7.3. The 6.4 is a pretty good engine as well. The 6.7 is a monster - we'll see if it earns the durability reputation the 7.3 has.

Comment

All I know is I have 3 friends that have(had) '08's and they all had overheating problems..........In fact my one friend had over $17,000 in warranty worked before they found the problem.....which ended up being head gaskets.......

Comment

I'm a 7.3 guy, I've had one IDI, and two powerstrokes.

I've done glow plugs and return lines and a bunch of other stuff on the IDI's (also a friends ambulance and a few medium duties)

With it's freshly rebuilt engine - as seen on these pages - I hope to run "lees limo" for at least 10 years.
                          I've put 2006 lariat heated power seats in it, and folding cargo rear seats... just need to finish the wiring on the passenger side and find the pigtails for the heater circuit.

I don't think I'd buy a 6.0 or 6.4 truck, unless something goes kaflooee with the 6.7 - I'd buy one of those in 10 + years when they aren't the price of a house.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            All I know is I have 3 friends that have(had) '08's and they all had overheating problems..........In fact my one friend had over $17,000 in warranty worked before they found the problem.....which ended up being head gaskets.......
                            the head bolts stretched

Comment

this is a cold start, cold operationg issue. When the truck warms up it runs fine. Interent research seems to point to the injectors.

Again 2003 Ford 6.0 F250.

any input is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X