No announcement yet.

Cops these days ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile in Michigan I'll bet two teens and their families wish they would have had their license pulled!

Bethel Township, Mich.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I believe in fate, that if you are suppose to die in a car crash at the age of 16, then that is how it was written, and no matter what you do to try to prevent it, it's going to happen...........People die every second of every day, everyone one from babies to the elderly, the way they die is in the hands of the All Mighty.....And however he chooses for that to happen is the way it's going to happen as he is saying it is your time to go........

Being in the wrong place at the wrong time......Yap Destiny Sucks!!!........
      Last edited by TC; November 2, 2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Go tell some kids Mom the reason her kid just got ran over in front of her house was fate. Something that could have been prevented by a little common sence. Kids under the age of 18 don't have the life experiences of an adult, therefore are prosecuted as juveniles. There are provisions in place to allow the law to work, the cop should have given them tickets and let them tell their story to a judge.
        After hearing what happened the judge can then decide what punnishment is nessarary, if any.
        The other argument that "everyone has street raced" so we should have compassion for those that fly through our neighbourhoods isn't valid either......Just because you grew up in that enviorment and it seems normal doesn't make it acceptable. I imagine if you grew up in an enviorment where your parents smoke pot everyday you would begin to think thats acceptable too.
        The fact of the matter is, people have decisions to make everyday. What decisions they make determins what happens next, not destiny. If I put myself in a position to make a bad decision, it might not effect only me, but my family and/or people around me.
        If we as a socieity expect these kids to grow up to be responsable adults then they have to learn they are accountable for their actions....Those kids seem to be a little behind on the learning curve and need a little help now.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          The officer didn't do his job??.....As I see it he did his job very well, it's not like he stood by and did nothing, he pulled them over, gave them a talking to and to HIS discretion decided not to ticket them, but allow the school to punish them for their actions......Which basically means that they will be seeing the Principle and don't think for one minute that their parents aren't going to be called......And put it this way I'm sure just being pulled over and the thought of getting tickets made those kids think twice about their actions......But then I guess if you don't cough up money then it's not punishment.........

On a side note, I don't think any of you should ever come to the Cruise on Central, the fact that people are doing burnouts only a few feet from hundreds of people lining the street with the cops standing and watching while doing nothing would probably give you guys a coronary........
          No, he didn't. It's not the school's responsibility to punish students for crimes committed out of school. Schools are there to teach them, not enforce the law. If that was the case then let's get rid of the entire police force and let schools start pulling double duty. Mrs. Thompson the 2nd grade teacher can now give speeding tickets and Principal Smith is *totally* capable of handling a hostage situation. The kids seeing the principal and having their parents called is only effective 1) if they care and 2) if the parents care. As for the Cruise on Central, that is a controlled environment where people *know* what's going on and consciously make the decision to go. I'm betting Stewie didn't leave school and know that walking home could be potentially fatal because some douches were street racing.
          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            Meanwhile in Michigan I'll bet two teens and their families wish they would have had their license pulled!

Bethel Township, Mich.
            oh look, parts

what cracks me up is that everyone seems to be implying that if the kids had got a ticket, that they 1) wouldn't street race again, and 2) the kids parents would care.... sorry, I just have to object that entire premise as those facts are not in evidence. In fact, most kids are latchkey, and they would simply pay the ticket out of their allowance. When the insurance bill came, if their parents noticed, probably wouldn't care.

And I can illustrate: I'm a conservative (very) christian (I know, shock to some) and most of the people I hang with on a regular basis are the same. The kid of one of my friends from that group was texting and rear ended another car. Was his second accident. His parents moaned about having to get a new car (I was celebrating until they bought a silver version of the same car, same year)... but there was no consequence. None.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 2, 2011, 05:55 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
              Wow... you sure know a lot about me. The last speeding ticket I got was the day I took my physical to get hired by the S/O, I was 21 years old. It was 48 in a 35 (that section of roadway was raised to a 45 mph zone about 4 years later) ..... 4 point violation, $144 fine. I plea bargained it down to a defective vehicle 0 point $77 fine with the agreement that I would complete 2 Saturdays of defensive driving classes which were $65 a class ..... so to answer your question, NO I DID NOT JUST PAY THE FINE AND BE DONE WITH .... I took care of it, took the ass chewing from my Dad (yea he still told me what to do and made me responsible when I was 21 yrs old), took an ass chewing from the judge, paid the fine and did the classes .... oh yea, and I had to explain what happened to the Sheriff's Dept and throw myself on their mercy so they would still hire me.

And you point out that the parents will just toss the keys back to the kid .... well shame on them, hopefully they won't have to deal with their bad decision if the kid kills someone down the road.
              hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
              every cop I've ever known speeds DAILY and in their CRUISER.. and 95% of the time.. not going to a call.. staties doing a buck on the hyway.. townies fly'n around town..
              knock it off.. it's really getting deep.

Comment

That might be true, but there isn't any evidence that says the parents don't care either. The kids are ultimately accountable to socieity anyway, if the parents are involved or not.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  oh look, parts

what cracks me up is that everyone seems to be implying that if the kids had got a ticket, that they 1) wouldn't street race again, and 2) the kids parents would care.... sorry, I just have to object that entire premise as those facts are not in evidence. In fact, most kids are latchkey, and they would simply pay the ticket out of their allowance. When the insurance bill came, if their parents noticed, probably wouldn't care.
                  Maybe, maybe not. But in a month from now, when junior decides to do it again and actually hurts someone, there would be a record of his lack of responsibility (as well as his parents) and steps could be taken that insure he will not commit those acts again. But instead, junior's driving record shows that this is his first offense .....

The schools make parents responsible for our children attending school, IE, at the beginning of each year, the attendance policy is sent home and both the student and parent are required to sign it and return it to the school. A paragraph in the policy says something to the effect that if your child has a certain number of unexcused absences, that law enforcement will be contacted and under statute blah blah blah the parent will be held accountable, and can be charged under this statute for their child not attending school...... I haven't researched their threat, nor do I care to as my kids go to school when they are supposed to.

Graffiti/tagging was a huge deal about 10 years ago. Denver passed ordinances that made any juvenile's parents/legal guardians responsible for damages and possible jail time for the parents if the youth was caught with graffiti materials or caught tagging ....

Now to me, driving is a much more serious deal than ditching school or tagging a building even though sometimes all three go together .... But if the powers that be are capable of passing laws that make parents responsible for their kids tagging (property crime) or ditching school (self crime), why can't there be something that makes mom n dad responsible for junior ultimately killing someone through their driving actions? Can someone explain that one?
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    oh look, parts

And I can illustrate: I'm a conservative (very) christian (I know, shock to some) and most of the people I hang with on a regular basis are the same. The kid of one of my friends from that group was texting and rear ended another car. Was his second accident. His parents moaned about having to get a new car (I was celebrating until they bought a silver version of the same car, same year)... but there was no consequence. None.

Buickguy, you are the true voice of reality. Too many parents are like this, because of the belief that the kids NEED a car to drive themselves to school and sports games and so on, because they want their (Parents) freedom from running the kids around.

Can't be bothered anymore. Its societies turn to take care of the kids. The End.

There is only one more thing that hasn't been said that bothers me about this thread. Mark, hickville/the boonies/etc does not consist of a house every 30 yards as opposed to every 20 feet.......and every 100 yards is still a heavily populated neighborhood.

In the sticks there is one house every mile or 2, and 1 every 5 miles isn't unheard of. Those are miles, not yards, just to be extra clear. And in the real boonies (Nebraska comes to mind) you might drive 20 miles until you come to the closest neighbors. No shit. Makes my hood look like a damn major metropolis.

Its a big world out there full of interesting people once you get out of the eastern seaboard states. Really.

How many times are you going to tell us you've had enough and yet still keep coming back for more?
                    Last edited by STINEY; November 2, 2011, 06:13 AM.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                      I've finally made it through this clusterf*ck created by certain people and I gotta say, I agree with Bamfster on this. Honestly, I'm having a hard time with a response because I keep getting pissed when I read some other responses. How can ANY of you think it's ok to not punish someone, teenager or not, for such reckless driving!? Forget Bamfster's former job, forget the fact that "we all did stupid stuff," and forget that "a ticket is just punishing the parents." The facts are that some kids were endangering the lives of innocents by street racing in a neighborhood and they got caught, but instead of getting a ticket like they should have, the officer didn't do his job and they aren't learning a damn thing about wrong from right. What if it were YOUR kids walking home from school? Would it be ok then? What if your kid was run over and you found out Darrell across the street had already reported them and all they had to do was write a freakin letter? Just because you might've gotten away with something a few decades ago doesn't mean it's acceptable today.
                      sorry, I'll bet they are getting more than homework and write a letter..
                      an other angel that never breaks the law, never speeds, and never ever drove 45mph in a populated area..
                      bam is guessing what is going to happen to the kids.. GUESSING.. sorry Haley there are ways to punish people with out it being punishment through money(fine,insurance surcharges)
                      seems no one GETS THAT...
                      the fact that bam bam retired cop is pissed that another officer is cutting them some slack by not ticketing them and making the punishment just a money thing, and is useing ways that hurt the kids more than a fine..
                      but yet, I'm sure bam bam's fixed buddies tickets, but thats A-ok..
                      Haley, maybe just maybe a fine wouldn't do a dam thing as maybe the kids family is made of money,, maybe just maybe the cop that isn't retired KNOWS THIS and is handle'n it , it a much better ,lasting way..
                      it's quite funny that everyone is angels here.. halo over their heads,
                      so get pissed, because the few that are "more than likely" the ones your pissed off because of our responses, are being truthfull.. unlike most that are agree'n with bambam.. and did the same thing, some still do it.. but it's ok because they do it out on a road they think NO ONE WILL BE ON..
                      whats sickning is the amount of denial of the stuff they/me/even you did as a teen without thinking of others or whom could get hurt.. key word "could" ..
                      (in my best jerimmey clarkson voice) " it's been said that those that denounce actions wher/are the worst offenders.."
                      and are the same ones that'll have a few wobbley pops on a friday and drive home and think nothing of it, or whom could(there is that key word again) get hurt..
                      reply if you've always do the right thing and are an angel behind the wheel 100% of the time..
                      sorry I can't say that.. with a straight face, CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Comment

Originally posted by orange95z View Post
                        meanwhile in michigan i'll bet two teens and their families wish they would have had their license pulled!

bethel township, mich.
                        how about the news story from this one was it kids racing or kids drunk..
                        News at 11 , link please

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                          hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
                          every cop I've ever known speeds DAILY and in their CRUISER.. and 95% of the time.. not going to a call.. staties doing a buck on the hyway.. townies fly'n around town..
                          knock it off.. it's really getting deep.
                          Mark did you know that in Colorado, a law enforcement officer as well as a fire fighter (commissioned, not volunteer), acting under their authority, does not have to obey any traffic laws (think infractions here criminal violations are not excused) .... it's called police powers. How else is that cop gonna catch up to you for speeding .... he has to speed himself! Yes they are allowed to run red lights .... but the difference is, when the cop does it, he is taking a calculated risk, has been trained to do it, and usually there is something greater at stake ... ie, agg assault, serious accident, armed robbery....the list can go on. And unless you are privy to what every cop you see knows or is being told about the call he is going to, you can't say they are all speeding and driving carelessly for no reason.

And your gonna say what about the cop that just used his lights and siren to go thru a red light and then pulled into the donut shop?.... My only complaint is that when he got canceled off of whatever "hot" call he was headed to, he should have circled the block a few times before pulling into the donut shop. Point is, you don't know what was going on before he pulled into the lot, granted it looks bad, but still, you don't know ....
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

So, what's your solution Stitch?
                            Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                              GUESSING.. sorry Haley there are ways to punish people with out it being punishment through money(fine,insurance surcharges)
                              seems no one GETS THAT...
                              [/I]
                              So what do you suggest Mark? You piss-n-moan a lot, but I never hear anything constructive or suggestive out of you? Surely you have some ideas?
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                                Mark did you know that in Colorado, a law enforcement officer as well as a fire fighter (commissioned, not volunteer), acting under their authority, does not have to obey any traffic laws (think infractions here criminal violations are not excused) .... it's called police powers. How else is that cop gonna catch up to you for speeding .... he has to speed himself! Yes they are allowed to run red lights .... but the difference is, when the cop does it, he is taking a calculated risk, has been trained to do it, and usually there is something greater at stake ... ie, agg assault, serious accident, armed robbery....the list can go on. And unless you are privy to what every cop you see knows or is being told about the call he is going to, you can't say they are all speeding and driving carelessly for no reason.

And your gonna say what about the cop that just used his lights and siren to go thru a red light and then pulled into the donut shop?.... My only complaint is that when he got canceled off of whatever "hot" call he was headed to, he should have circled the block a few times before pulling into the donut shop. Point is, you don't know what was going on before he pulled into the lot, granted it looks bad, but still, you don't know ....
                                nice cover story but you know it's b/s.. because the puplic(unless you have a police scanner ;) )
                                don't know, they do it when not on a "hot " call..
                                I come from a family of 4 generations deep of cops and fire fighter. so . that b/s aint gonna fly..

Comment

Working...
                                X