Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THATS RIGHT THERE ISN'T ANY..

Comment

• It's called PUBLIC RECORD Mark..... Anyone can go down and look at them.

I would be more than happy to show up in court .... never bothered me before and it won't now.

Don't put words in my mouth .... I only said I would never issue a TRAFFIC TICKET to a law enforcement officer, I never said anything about ARREST one. There are certain times where cops need to be arrested, and yes I had to do it once .... but he was a wife beater and deserved it. Now firemen on the other hand .....

I guess at this point Mark, we need to agree to disagree, obviously you have it all figured out. I think you missed your calling in life ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• I'm just dying of curiosity, how does it feel to be on the other side, Bamf? It has to be tough since, at one time, you could do something about it... now, not so much.

However, as you witnessed the crime; you can effect a citizens arrest for (whatever Colorado's equivalent is) reckless driving or endangerment... but I suspect you knew that at the time.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          I think you missed your calling in life ....
          Naw.....his municipality might technically be a village......
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            Naw.....his municipality might technically be a village......

DOH!

Comment

• haha funny.. funny those in the boonies calling my area a village.. DOH

Comment

• Originally posted by bamfster View Post
                it's called public record mark..... Anyone can go down and look at them.

I would be more than happy to show up in court .... Never bothered me before and it won't now.

Don't put words in my mouth .... I only said i would never issue a traffic ticket to a law enforcement officer, i never said anything about arrest one. There are certain times where cops need to be arrested, and yes i had to do it once .... But he was a wife beater and deserved it. Now firemen on the other hand .....

I guess at this point mark, we need to agree to disagree, obviously you have it all figured out. I think you missed your calling in life ....
                either come out of retirement or let it go...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  I'm just dying of curiosity, how does it feel to be on the other side, Bamf? It has to be tough since, at one time, you could do something about it... now, not so much.

However, as you witnessed the crime; you can effect a citizens arrest for (whatever Colorado's equivalent is) reckless driving or endangerment... but I suspect you knew that at the time.

And I think that's where everyone has the hangup with this debacle .....

I could care less about "being on the other side" now .... feels no different to me. Like I've said before, I got out of that business for a reason, but that would have to be discussed at a different time/place, as it would definitely get into a political discussion .... I'm glad I'm done with that chapter, and will NEVER go back, not nowadays.

The whole point of this thread, was to discuss #1: the fact that these kids were driving ever so recklessly, endangering the public

and #2: that law enforcement basically chose to give them a slap on the wrist for that type of behavior.

Now would it have been any different had those same kids been driving down the street, shooting a gun in the air, at stop signs, trash cans, etc?...not people, animals or the such, they were just out doing what kids do in "Hickville"..... Would it be acceptable for law enforcement to just make them do homework and write a letter for that?....Afterall, reckless driving and unlawful discharge of a firearm are both misdemeanor crimes ....

As far as making a citizens arrest .... that's TV stuff right there. Yea it's on the books but when was the last time one was actually affected? Like I used to tell people, if you're going to make a citizen's arrest, you better be prepared to take a citizen's a$$ whippin'. That's what I pay my taxes for, so the cops can make the arrest for me.

Comment

• bam bam, the officer did what he did because of the laws today on street racing..
                    it's not just a speeding ticket and driving to endanger , surcharges and maybe 3 months of a suspended lic to drive.. it's a criminal record.. that can damage a young persons future forEVER..
                    why is that fact so hard to understand.. and lord help them if the da wants to make an EXPAMPLE out of them..
                    there are bigger issues at play here than "just" a traffic ticket.. and sorry, you the o/p know this better than any of the yahoos that want the kids strung up for doing the same crap we did..
                    I wasn't there.. but I'm glad that not everyone is ready to distroy kids future for one misjudgement..
                    just because the officer didn't make a paper trail.. don't mean much.. if he hears those names across the radio again. bet he informes the officer of this and then they throw the book at them..
                    The town I grew up in. officer smittie, would let you have one gimmie.. (speeding, underage drinking, speed comtest,) lord help you the next time. as he'd make sure either he or the officer on hand through everything at you this time.. only thing he'd not give a one time break on was drinking and driving.. everyone in town knew he wasn't bluffing and knew if your stupid enough to keep doing it. you where s.o.l.
                    today you have this, everyone up in arms because they got a one time get out of jail card.. wonder just how many would be say'n hail mary's if it was them.. hope all that posted the officer wasn't doing his job.. remembers this the next time they get popped and , just tells the officer to write the ticket cause a warning wouldn't be doing their job.. I sure that'll happen.. in those shoes as they try everything to get out of a ticket.. oh. and to all those higher than tho. 15 over is driving to endanger and automatic loss of lic to drive.. ask for it the next time your popped on the hyway.. you hypocrites

Comment

• 15 over on the highway vs. powersliding through a fence at someone's house is equal? Sorry, not buying that one.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• if you're not willing to take the ass whipping, then you don't care enough to do something about it. I've done the citizens arrest - so I'm not suggesting something I'm unwilling or unable to do.

I'm going to be direct because it saves a whole bunch of explanation later.... you look like the big tough dog who's either chained or too old. But good Lord, listen to the barking. Think back a bit to your career a bit - how often did you have a citizen who was pissed as hell at you because you wouldn't charge someone? You came into the situation, as a neutral third party, and realized that all the pissing and moaning really didn't amount to much at all. That's what the school cop was doing - yeah, he could have cited them, but he CHOSE not to... it's within his right, just as it was/is within your right.

Honestly, listening to you moan about cops (doing or not doing their job) really strikes me as ironic and actually quite funny. (Sorry for the honesty)
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 3, 2011, 07:34 AM.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• So would your attitude be different if the kids were driving down .... heck, walking down the street shooting a gun? As you know, we all carry guns out here in the "boonies", and we all used to run around shooting street lights, signs and what not when we were kids ..... I know I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                            15 over on the highway vs. powersliding through a fence at someone's house is equal? Sorry, not buying that one.
                            um where you get them going through a fence..
                            point is, you hung up on the officer not doing his job..
                            and if popped for 15 over, these same people should ask, hell demand they get a ticket for driving to endanger as nothing less would be not doing their job..

Comment

if you're not willing to take the ass whipping, then you don't care enough to do something about it. I've done the citizens arrest - so I'm not suggesting something I'm unwilling or unable to do.

I'm going to be direct because it saves a whole bunch of explanation later.... you look like the big tough dog who's either chained or too old. But good Lord, listen to the barking. Think back a bit to your career a bit - how often did you have a citizen who was pissed as hell at you because you wouldn't charge someone? You came into the situation, as a neutral third party, and realized that all the pissing and moaning really didn't amount to much at all. That's what the school cop was doing - yeah, he could have cited them, but he CHOSE not to... it's within his right, just as it was/is within your right.

Honestly, listening to you moan about cops (doing or not doing their job) really strikes me as ironic and actually quite funny. (Sorry for the honesty)
                              well said..
                              don't do as I do/did , do as I say

Comment

And you more than anyone should know about playing devil's advocate .....

Comment

Working...
                                X