Cops these days ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
    And you more than anyone should know about playing devil's advocate .....
    sorry, but you feel to strongly, you keep say'n you'd never go back.. but your actions are say'n you miss it more than you like to admit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
      sorry, but you feel to strongly, you keep say'n you'd never go back.. but your actions are say'n you miss it more than you like to admit

And you avoid answering questions .......
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• I normally don't get into these pissing matches.

Stitch, Bam never said that they needed to be arrested for "street Racing" even though thats what they were doing. they could have been fined for other offenses, ie to fast for conditions, not obeying traffic signals ( speed limit signs are traffic signals here in Pa. ) or the worst would be reckless driving.

When I was a senior, at the age of 17 I was very stupid behind the wheel. Once between 2 a days we were headed to my friends house. I was in my 70 RR, (383 4 spd ) and my buddy Craig was in his 402 shitvelle ( his name for it ) we both had a car load of friends with us. the streets in my hometown of Palmyra are VERY wide and flat. but lined with houses on both sides.
        Well one thing let to another and before you knew it we were racing . its August mid afternoon ! Well it went on for a few blocks and a couple of stop signs. As we left a stop sign I site a guy sprinting across his lawn, so I hit the hooks barely missing him.
        His name was Billy Zeiders, local bad ass, father of three, and Drag racer. he pulled me out of the car, bounced my head off the hood and held me till the cops got there. i got fined for excessive noise, an equipment violation ( air shocks) and failure to obey traffic signal. Billy told him I was driving like an ass, not " Drag racing".
        I became good friends with Billy, and went racing with him. Hell we even did some street racing, late at night , when we couldnt hurt anyone but ourselves.
        I never again drove like that in town , do I drive 40 in a 35 ? hell yea , but 60 in a 25 NO WAY.

Plus Billy called my dad....the only person that scared me more than Billy! ( no driving for a month , after the ass whoppin! )

Two weeks later, Todd Niedig hit and killed his friend on the same road, driving fast, showing off. funny I cant even remember his name.
        If you dont pay , you will never know personal responsibility .
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

• This has gotten me thinking about the "crazy" stuff I did. Since I am female it probably is pretty tame compared to what you boys did!
          Also because I am female I was usually a ride-along.

Stood in the back of 4X4 pick-up trucks driving wrecklessly up and down fire roads, when we hit the streets though we slowed and got in the cab or sat down, it was legal then to ride in the back of a pick-up.

Us girls on our horses hung out with the guys and their cars partying up in the hills, if the police officers showed up us girls got handed all the contreband because we were never hassled (thank you profiling).

Here is a wierd one. We would hang out on our street and pull up weeds leaving a big clump of dirt on the bottom and then set those up going across the street, cars would slow down and who knows what they thought, we thought it was really funny (?) I can't for the life of me think why but it was and I still smile about it.

More recently I had allowed Tricia to take her "Sears" go-cart around our dirt neighborhood, knowing full well that some childless neighbors several years before had pushed very hard to disallow this sort of hoodlum activity. So yeah I was knowingly letting my child break the LAW! The Sheriff followed her home and apologizing profusely told me she could not ride around anymore but kept reiterating how safe she was driving and how she pulled over immediately when she saw them, they also let me know which neighbor on what street had called... I think this punishment fit the crime, the go-cart weighs 200 lbs maybe? Sometimes Loren and I will take the go-cart to Mikes Liquor risking fines and imprisonment. We just don't go down that street. A calculated risk but none the less a risk...
          The neighbor kid who abused the neighborhood countless times on his dirtbike and whatever little car(t) he had got his impounded.

So no, I am not an angel either.

I fully expect a ticket if I am driving wrecklessly and I expect other people male, female, young, old, catholic, jewish, gay or straight to be subject to the same rules that I am. Too bad they can't just write "you are a Dumbass" tickets...
          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; November 3, 2011, 08:19 AM.
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            This has gotten me thinking about the "crazy" stuff I did. Since I am female it probably is pretty tame compared to what you boys did!
            Also because I am female I was usually a ride-along.

Stood in the back of 4X4 pick-up trucks driving wrecklessly up and down fire roads, when we hit the streets though we slowed and got in the cab or sat down, it was legal then to ride in the back of a pick-up.

Us girls on our horses hung out with the guys and their cars partying up in the hills, if the police officers showed up us girls got handed all the contreband because we were never hassled (thank you profiling).

Here is a wierd one. We would hang out on our street and pull up weeds leaving a big clump of dirt on the bottom and then set those up going across the street, cars would slow down and who knows what they thought, we thought it was really funny (?) I can't for the life of me think why but it was and I still smile about it.

More recently I had allowed Tricia to take her "Sears" go-cart around our dirt neighborhood, knowing full well that some childless neighbors several years before had pushed very hard to disallow this sort of hoodlum activity. So yeah I was knowingly letting my child break the LAW! The Sheriff followed her home and apologizing profusely told me she could not ride around anymore but kept reiterating how safe she was driving and how she pulled over immediately when she saw them, they also let me know which neighbor on what street had called... I think this punishment fit the crime, the go-cart weighs 200 lbs maybe? Sometimes Loren and I will take the go-cart to Mikes Liquor risking fines and imprisonment. We just don't go down that street. A calculated risk but none the less a risk...
            The neighbor kid who abused the neighborhood countless times on his dirtbike and whatever little car(t) he had got his impounded.

So no, I am not an angel either.

I fully expect a ticket if I am driving wrecklessly and I expect other people male, female, young, old, catholic, jewish, gay or straight to be subject to the same rules that I am. Too bad they can't just write "you are a Dumbass" tickets...
            um..

Comment

• Good job of Highlighting there!

I think my rambling point was, we had a plan, having a plan means we were not being that wreckless, we were lucky to not get caught, partly what contributed to not getting caught was not pushing the envelope too far.

Scenario
              In my early 30s going down the 5 Interstate Sacramento to LA SPEEDING with a tailgating chick on my butt, I saw the CHP in the rearview mirror, cuz when you pull crap ya need to keep an eye out. I passed a car on the right and moved over so tailgating chick could pass, she did and stayed in the left lane and did not slow down...just prior I am sure we were both being clocked, it would have been hard to not figure out we were both doing the same speed...anyway, CHP guy went after her I believe because she was a DUMBASS and didn't notice him...perhaps I got the benefit of being let go because I was paying attention, and maybe he chose the oblivious driver for the ticket? Was that a dumbass ticket? Who knows.
              Either way to this day if I am doing some stupid crazy thing I know I am taking a risk and if I get caught I get caught, I just expect the same to happen for everyone else too.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                Good job of Highlighting there!

I think my rambling point was, we had a plan, having a plan means we were not being that wreckless, we were lucky to not get caught, partly what contributed to not getting caught was not pushing the envelope too far.

Scenario
                In my early 30s going down the 5 Interstate Sacramento to LA SPEEDING with a tailgating chick on my butt, I saw the CHP in the rearview mirror, cuz when you pull crap ya need to keep an eye out. I passed a car on the right and moved over so tailgating chick could pass, she did and stayed in the left lane and did not slow down...just prior I am sure we were both being clocked, it would have been hard to not figure out we were both doing the same speed...anyway, CHP guy went after her I believe because she was a DUMBASS and didn't notice him...perhaps I got the benefit of being let go because I was paying attention, and maybe he chose the oblivious driver for the ticket? Was that a dumbass ticket? Who knows.
                Either way to this day if I am doing some stupid crazy thing I know I am taking a risk and if I get caught I get caught, I just expect the same to happen for everyone else too.
                This is the "being held accountable for your actions" part of this argument that people aren't quite understanding. Well said.
                Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  So would your attitude be different if the kids were driving down .... heck, walking down the street shooting a gun? As you know, we all carry guns out here in the "boonies", and we all used to run around shooting street lights, signs and what not when we were kids ..... I know I did.
                  you're right - you're too close to the situation to make a rational decision.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                    This is the "being held accountable for your actions" part of this argument that people aren't quite understanding. Well said.

the kids were sanctioned - what part of that isn't being held accountable? simply because one irrational citizen is demanding they string theses kids up by the nearest tree, doesn't make the punishment any less of a punishment.

Bamf, I'm still chuckling over your "I'm a taxpayer" statement. that is priceless and will be an illustration in my next talk
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                      no we understand, but some don't understand sometimes there are better ways, that YOUR WAY.. in every instance..
                      and thats the whole thread.. one guy pissed that it wasn't handled his way.. nothing more nothing less..

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        the kids were sanctioned - what part of that isn't being held accountable? simply because one irrational citizen is demanding they string theses kids up by the nearest tree, doesn't make the punishment any less of a punishment.

Bamf, I'm still chuckling over your "I'm a taxpayer" statement. that is priceless and will be an illustration in my next talk

are you a tax payer when you take in more taxpayers money than you pay out..
                        news at 11

Comment

• Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAAC8FFT.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	858332

Comment

• Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Hahaha, SBG you crack me up!!!!.......

Comment

Working...
                                X