Summit Racing Vs made in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Racing Vs made in USA

I just got the new Summit Racing "tool" catologue...and it's down right offensive how little is made in the USA. Now, Summit racing has made a FORTUNE off US buyers...yet....there's a tiny percent of US made products in their catologue. Now, I know, I have been criticized for using the word F**K,,, BUT, until I get thrown off this board..I WILL use the word F**K in an effort to express my dismay in an American company exploiting Chinese CRAP/GARBAGE/JUNK. Sure, I sometimes buy China crap. Lots of the time that's all that's on the shelves/catalogs. I at least would like the CHOICE. But, all too often I don't. Discuss.
    Last edited by groucho; November 3, 2011, 12:41 PM.
    STUGOTS

LMAO! You're awesome Groucho. I have to agree with you though.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Personally, I do not find the word "fork" offensive.

I do, however, find it offensive that a company like Summit would offer Chinese crap in their catalog. Fork Summit...

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

they sell craftsman tools too
        lol
        jegs has the same happy freight rejects filling the catalog

Comment

I think it's unfortunatly very 'simple' for companies like Summit and Jegs (or any other company for that matter) ... either sell chinese shit aswell, or just go bust.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Does 100% of the fault fall on Summit? I don't think so ..... there has to be a market for the china crap, and people have to buy it. If there was no demand for that junk, I doubt they would carry it.

Am I guilty of buying china crap .... yea, sometimes it's just they way it is, but I make an honest attempt to buy made in the USA whenever possible.
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

and what pisses you off so much? that Summit is so good otherwise? they sure have a lot of "real" stuff for good prices, and they get it to you quick
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

aMERICANS ARE SELFISH. we want a good paying livelyhood but refuse to pay for a product from a company that offers just that to their hired help..
                and here we stand with unemployment at a real 18%, and everyone wonders, "how did this happen"
                that economic class must teach so real good crap.. for so many to not see this coming..
                college, wiki a house with no common sense

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  and what pisses you off so much? that Summit is so good otherwise? they sure have a lot of "real" stuff for good prices, and they get it to you quick

What he said ..... Oh yea, and Jason Line is the new world pro stock champ!!!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

KB FRAMERS pro stock team is damned good

Comment

We (Americans) buy chinese crap because it is cheap. Not because we expect it to last forever, but because it is cheap. And since it is cheap, we can buy more cheap stuff. Since, after all, we are taught that we deserve to have everything anyway.

Think about this way- in 1970, the average family had one car. Now they have 2+ (I have 5 running myself). The American standard of living has been elevated because we can afford to buy more with what $ we have. All due to cheap stuff from China, or Mexico, or Taiwan, or Japan.. (depending on what year you live in).

As for Summit- they are just trying to make a buck- just like every other business. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Not complaining, just saying...
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                        We (Americans) buy chinese crap because it is cheap. Not because we expect it to last forever, but because it is cheap. And since it is cheap, we can buy more cheap stuff. Since, after all, we are taught that we deserve to have everything anyway.

Think about this way- in 1970, the average family had one car. Now they have 2+ (I have 5 running myself). The American standard of living has been elevated because we can afford to buy more with what $ we have. All due to cheap stuff from China, or Mexico, or Taiwan, or Japan.. (depending on what year you live in).

As for Summit- they are just trying to make a buck- just like every other business. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Not complaining, just saying...
                        thats partly it,, but credit has more to do with "affording to buy" than the cheap.. now that the credit is dried up. we as a whole are stuck.. asians think long term we think short.. they've won, without fire'n a shot..
                        and the idea of why worry as long as I'm doing ok, has long passed..
                        college educated people are so smart they're stupid..

Comment

Where is the summit branded engine stuff made? Re - selling tools someone else makes doesn't reflect on the companies reputation (to me at least) as much as where they make the stuff they put their own name on.

Cheap tools are great to have if you only need them for the job at hand and may never use them again - only if you can't get them for free on an auto parts store loaner program.

Don't get me started on the credit debacle, there's no way to not get political in that debate.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

all those MBA handed out over the last 25 years

BUY AMERICAN

Comment

I even have subaru stuff from summit..
                              the professional products oil filter that fit a dodge omni (mistubeechy) fits the 3 main bearing subarus.

the asian stuff tries to get out of long term, to rape our wallets and feed the magical city they built in their desert...

just have to look closer for long term. Most builders here are there already.

more than buy usa..drop the short sprited manufacturing cult that keeps killing us all.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X